[PO Soon] TOOL - Fear Inoculum 5x12" w/etching ULTRA-DELUXE BOX SET AT THE LOW LOW PRICE of $810...cuz TOOL hates their fans and someone needs to maintain Maynard's Vineyards

If you guys have the equipment/DAC, I recommend downloading the hi res files @24 bit/96khz from HDTracks or Qubuz. It's just under $18 but well worth it! This is a phenomenally mastered album! Absolutely blown away! Maynard is at the top of his game(both lyric-wise and singing). Justin, well there's no touching Justin! He's a monster at the bass! Danny has outdone himself... Again! (Mr octopus) breathing polyrhythmic fire ad infinitum! And Mr Jones. Can't say enough about this guy. Thru adversity, Adam has created a masterpiece. One that we'll be able to talk about for many years to come!

This thing is so fucking dense, one listen (or even two or ten) will not be sufficient enough to absorb all that is Fear Inoculum. There's just so many layers! This album may have the most cryptic lyrics yet!

And the packaging is just beyond belief! Credit to King buzzo's wife Mackie, Adam, Alex Grey and Joyce Su for the artistic direction they took! There's never been anything like this before.

Anyway, enough. Gotta plug myself in again!

1 hour ago, ntslash said:

Spotify has all 10, but I honestly prefer the album with only 7. 

I just had my first listen to the album, via Spotify. I was really thinking the interludes would be more interesting, but they just seem to add length. Could do without them for sure. 

Overall I enjoyed the album. The only reason I probably don't love it is because it's been so long and I'm not the Tool fan I used to be. But having revisited 10,000 Days yesterday, Fear Inoculum may actually be a stronger album. There are just some cringe moments on 10KD and it drags.

8 hours ago, Squard said:

So is there any word of an actual vinyl release or what?

Per RCAs website (it's mentioned the same on Tools website as well under News) 

"A vinyl release will be announced soon."

https://www.rcarecords.com/news/tools-fear-inoculum-arrives-august-30th-via-rca-records-stream-title-track-now/

Edited by crbn_fbr

8 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

So, this is, hands down, one of the coolest releases I own (the CD). I know it's gimmicky, but it's really fucking cool. 

How much “footage” is on the display?  More than just a few short loops I hope?  Honestly, it’s just the tiny display that feels remotely gimmicky to me.  Everything else appears to be incredibly well done – booklet, cover, etc. I’ve heard it’s embossed to the teeth which is a nice touch too.

13 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

How much “footage” is on the display?  More than just a few short loops I hope?  Honestly, it’s just the tiny display that feels remotely gimmicky to me.  Everything else appears to be incredibly well done – booklet, cover, etc. I’ve heard it’s embossed to the teeth which is a nice touch too.

Yeah, the packaging  is great. The footage appears to be kind of long. It's not just the spEYEral like I'd thought. The priest from the art is in the video. The music is kinda haunting and eerie. I'm excited to sit down and listen to it. I just have to find the time. This isn't a "pop it in the car and pick up where you left off" kinda release. At least not yet.

• mcpherson123 changed the title to [PO Soon] TOOL - Fear Inoculum 5x12" w/etching ULTRA-DELUXE BOX SET AT THE LOW LOW PRICE of $810...cuz TOOL hates their fans and someone needs to maintain Maynard's Vineyards