[PO Soon] TOOL - Fear Inoculum 5x12" w/etching ULTRA-DELUXE BOX SET AT THE LOW LOW PRICE of $810...cuz TOOL hates their fans and someone needs to maintain Maynard's Vineyards

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, museummouth said:

weird that’s there’s another Cd before vinyl, but they did sell over 240,000 copies of the album in the first week cd/digital so I guess there’s a demand for it. 

What’s really dumb is that there still isn’t a sub $30 version of the cd.  Obviously not speaking for any of us idiots here who regularly throw way too much money at physical media... but some mafuckas are broke.

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

What’s really dumb is that there still isn’t a sub $30 version of the cd.  Obviously not speaking for any of us idiots here who regularly throw way too much money at physical media... but some mafuckas are broke.

See I refused to buy it because of this and hearing that yet again the 2nd edition is over 30 means I'll probably stick with the copy I half inched off the net. I'm not 5 so the idea of a bunch of cards with pictures of human cross sections that I'd look at once doesn't appeal. I'd feel bad but they don't need my money.

4 hours ago, dantheriver said:

My sentiments exactly. Why couldn't this have just been planned better before the official release date and have the multiple formats available all at once? They know how to release physical music. They've done it before and they had plenty of time to figure all this out. This could have been painless and simple for the fans but why do that.

Edited by mcpherson123

Hype faded and I don't need any physical media at this point, not even vinyl. I guess that's because I'm more picky about what I buy lately, due to reduced vinyl listening time, budget, and having combined household with my lady who is not a  Tool fan. And after about 3 spins I determined it's 7/10 material, nicely done but I'm not gonna play it often enough going forward. I've changed and they haven't really.

7 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

My sentiments exactly. Why couldn't this have just been planned better before the official release date and have the multiple formats available all at once? They know how to release physical music. They've done it before and they had plenty of time to figure all this out. This could have been painless and simple for the fans but why do that.

I'm sure this was planned out very well. The want was there and they took advantage of it...

12 hours ago, jeromium said:

Hype faded and I don't need any physical media at this point, not even vinyl. I guess that's because I'm more picky about what I buy lately, due to reduced vinyl listening time, budget, and having combined household with my lady who is not a  Tool fan. And after about 3 spins I determined it's 7/10 material, nicely done but I'm not gonna play it often enough going forward. I've changed and they haven't really.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

The day Tool releases some vinyl the hype is going to go through the roof.

That being said, I am losing my hope that will ever happen. I love 10000 days and Fear Inoculum however the truth is they haven't seen a buck coming from my wallet for it. It is sad but I guess they just don't want my money.

Just give me a vinyl release and I'll be happy. It could be a basic 180g black gatefold with no special shit and I'd be over the moon. Album is killer and I just want to play it on my table.

Also, got to see them open the tour at Denver and my God was it a special show. First time seeing them and they were amazing.

21 hours ago, faaip de oiad said:

I'm sure this was planned out very well. The want was there and they took advantage of it...

I wouldn't call it planned well at all. I've been a huge fan for 20 years and have bought each new release on the day of release or sometimes night before at "midnight sales" and have always gotten my hands on it as soon as I went to the store. Any store. This time I tried to locate a copy of this CD in two different states on the same weekend and was met with Out Of Stock signs and empty shelves and store clerks apologizing that it was gone. That's not well planned. That's dogshit. It took me several weeks to locate a copy and that was while scouring this board fiendishly only to finally see a link come up at fye.com and pull the trigger only to have it go out of stock with 45 minutes of my purchase. I got my copy but after several weeks they couldn't put enough out to keep up with demand online? That's another example of horrible planning. Then they had a one day fire sale of more copies that were promised to be delivered to customers by like end of September and those people still don't have their copies. I know they want to sell these things and if they can sell some enormous percentage more than they manufactured then they fell short. Its a huge major label and a cult followed band. They knew how to do it. They fucked up their planning. And if it was actually their plan to have it go this way, they're assholes. Again, they should have pressed up the normal amount of a standard packaged CD or at least something without a video screen that could have been fancy looking still but at least in the normal CD price range. Then also have the video as a deluxe. This isn't hard. The logistics on releasing CD's has all been figured out long before this album was even recorded. There's an industry build around doing just that. This is either a fuck up or chicanery from assholes.  I hate to rehash all that but I don't know how anyone could call that "planned out very well." I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who had these issues getting my hands on the CD. 

PS Where the fuck is the vinyl?

Just wanted to pop in and remind everyone that this album still fucks.  I’m no longer playing it once a day, and I think the holy shit we finally got new Tool factor has probably worn off for a lot of folks... but the record, for what it is, still goes hard and delivers.  10/10 chugs for days.  Patiently waiting on the day my wallet can be reamed for an overpriced vinyl press of it.

48 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Just wanted to pop in and remind everyone that this album still fucks.  I’m no longer playing it once a day, and I think the holy shit we finally got new Tool factor has probably worn off for a lot of folks... but the record, for what it is, still goes hard and delivers.  10/10 chugs for days.  Patiently waiting on the day my wallet can be reamed for an overpriced vinyl press of it.

Agreed. This album is incredible. I still listen to it regularly. Dear Tool: let me give you money.

• mcpherson123 changed the title to [PO Soon] TOOL - Fear Inoculum 5x12" w/etching ULTRA-DELUXE BOX SET AT THE LOW LOW PRICE of $810...cuz TOOL hates their fans and someone needs to maintain Maynard's Vineyards