Supergrass - The Strange Ones: Greatest Hits (1/24/20)

4 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Kinda wish they were doing some straight up normal represses of the albums. Would like to get s/t. 

I forgot to pick up the s/t repress they did in 2015 (https://www.discogs.com/Supergrass-I-Should-Coco/release/7490505) so for sure would like that, as well as the 2nd & 3rd albums

2 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Also, I really dislike best ofs that just go in order or reverse order by single release. Take some time and make something that flows. 

Agreed especially when there has been a noticeable drop in quality in the later couple of albums it just feels uneven. The Supergrass Is 10 best of mixed it up and flowed very well

Yeah. I always kick myself for not buying that at Virgin Megastore for a few years where it sat. 

In It For The Money will always be their best album to me and I have an OP of that, so I was never motivated to track down the rest for the singles and a few deep cuts. This release may do it for me, but I also didn't love the last 2 records either. so we'll see. Maybe aftermarket for the first best of will come down in price once this drops.

4 hours ago, craigeduk said:

I forgot to pick up the s/t repress they did in 2015 (https://www.discogs.com/Supergrass-I-Should-Coco/release/7490505) so for sure would like that, as well as the 2nd & 3rd albums

Agreed especially when there has been a noticeable drop in quality in the later couple of albums it just feels uneven. The Supergrass Is 10 best of mixed it up and flowed very well

That’s not s/t as i’m sure you know because you linked I Should Coco. 

I just want a s/t repress. I’m not a big Greatest Hits listener anyway and rarely feel the need to buy them on vinyl. Same with live albums, for me.

7 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Get the feeling they'll be on the Coachella lineup. Hopefully they hit some of the bigger markets between NY and LA, but if the last few 90 Brit brand reunion tours are any indication (Blue, Pulp, The Verve, The Stone Roses), probably not

This band does not have the same draw as those bands would in the us. They would play Coachella at 2pm.