PO Now: Green Day - Father Of All Motherfuckers

10 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I must not remember what Greenday sound like... the fuck is this? Imagine buying this.

I’m legitimately interested in what Green Day’s current demographic is. It can’t possibly be fans of the older stuff who remember them as a different band, but it’s also hard for me to believe younger people like their music much either. 

48 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I must not remember what Greenday sound like... the fuck is this? Imagine buying this.

Shot.

35 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

I’m legitimately interested in what Green Day’s current demographic is. It can’t possibly be fans of the older stuff who remember them as a different band, but it’s also hard for me to believe younger people like their music much either. 

Shot. 

11 minutes ago, RaptorRick said:

Explicit cover is already sold out.

Chaser.

The rumor is this is the last album they have left on their contract with Warner and the whole thing is just a middle finger to them (hence the stupid cover and 26 minute runtime) and they have a whole 'nother full album ready to release on a different label shortly after this one comes out.

Just now, marc32137 said:

The rumor is this is the last album they have left on their contract with Warner and the whole thing is just a middle finger to them (hence the stupid cover and 26 minute runtime) and they have a whole 'nother full album ready to release on a different label shortly after this one comes out.

What happened with the last 5 albums?

I like the idea that their post-Warning career is one big fuck you to the super fan who stole the master tapes for their unreleased Insomniac-sounding follow up to Warning. “You stole our sequel to Insomniac and now you’ll never hear good new Green Day music ever again.”

Edited by Oblivions

this record is The New! soul, Motown, glam and manic anthemic.  Punks, freaks and punishers!  The Dirty messy.  The Stink.  The lyrics are like a party and lifestyle of not giving a fuck.  The life AND death of the party.  Not political.  Surviving in chaos.  The real shit.  Me mike and Tre of the Green Day cut through the bullshit.  That's how it's always been for us.  Everything else is fake.  Frauds I tell ya!!  Rock has lost its balls.  We're gonna teabag all these mother fuckers.  The baddest rock band on the planet that gives a shit.  ''Glorious'' or ''glorious anarchy'' seems to be the word that keeps coming up that reflects

Dancing

Tribalism

Anxiety

Joy

Violence

Drugs

Booze

Dangerous songs for dangerous kids!

Our motto??  ''Nothing says fuck you like a unicorn''

Love And kisses

Billie

I know AI gets love from a lot of Green Day fans but, the moment I heard the first singles, I knew I was listening to a very different thing than whatever 1,039 to Warning Green Day was. I don't even think I dislike that record. It just feels like a different band doing something else that I wasn't that interested in. My little brother loved AI for like a summer before he became a proper metal head. Lol.