PO Now: Green Day - Father Of All Motherfuckers

1 hour ago, Oblivions said:

I know AI gets love from a lot of Green Day fans but, the moment I heard the first singles, I knew I was listening to a very different thing than whatever 1,039 to Warning Green Day was. I don't even think I dislike that record. It just feels like a different band doing something else that I wasn't that interested in. My little brother loved AI for like a summer before he became a proper metal head. Lol.

I think that album was a lot of younger people's first "alternative" record. I feel like that album, The Osbournes, and Nightmare Before Christmas merch all hit at the same time, so when 8th graders asked their mom and dad for a copy of the new Green Day album they were probably like, "I didn't know the band from the Varsity Blues soundtrack were still around, and they're not as spooky as The Used, so sure, let's go to Hot Topic."

4 hours ago, Oblivions said:

I like the idea that their post-Warning career is one big fuck you to the super fan who stole the master tapes for their unreleased Insomniac-sounding follow up to Warning. “You stole our sequel to Insomniac and now you’ll never hear good new Green Day music ever again.”

Man, I still can't believe they actually tried to pass off that dumb excuse... (the "fan" was Reprise and the stealing was them saying "this isn't good enough to release, go try again.")

14 minutes ago, diabretic said:

After reading through this thread, I feel the need to say Green Day is my least favorite band ever. I fucking hate green day.

I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to tell us how you feel about a band you don't like!

I'll just not comment on the posts that feature music I don't like at all since that's a waste of time.

28 minutes ago, Jesus Of Suburbia said:

I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to tell us how you feel about a band you don't like!

I'll just not comment on the posts that feature music I don't like at all since that's a waste of time.

sorry your favorite band fucking sucks

1 hour ago, rhcp02 said:

Oh well this changes everything, instacop!

no freal I love Green Day but this needs to stop please stop this Billie 

21 hours ago, urban_bandito said:

this record is The New! soul, Motown, glam and manic anthemic.  Punks, freaks and punishers!  The Dirty messy.  The Stink.  The lyrics are like a party and lifestyle of not giving a fuck.  The life AND death of the party.  Not political.  Surviving in chaos.  The real shit.  Me mike and Tre of the Green Day cut through the bullshit.  That's how it's always been for us.  Everything else is fake.  Frauds I tell ya!!  Rock has lost its balls.  We're gonna teabag all these mother fuckers.  The baddest rock band on the planet that gives a shit.  ''Glorious'' or ''glorious anarchy'' seems to be the word that keeps coming up that reflects

Dancing

Tribalism

Anxiety

Joy

Violence

Drugs

Booze

Dangerous songs for dangerous kids!

Our motto??  ''Nothing says fuck you like a unicorn''

Love And kisses

Billie

Is everyone gonna ignore this? Holy shit this is worse than Beach Slang guy. He's clearly in need of psychiatric help. Jesus 

1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

Oh come on you can't be mad at people after this single. It's a physical assault on your eardrums. This is what a band that fucking sucks sounds like...

I'm not mad at his opinion, I just thought it was funny that he took the time out of his day to come to a thread about a band he doesn't like just to say he doesn't like them.

1 minute ago, Jesus Of Suburbia said:

I'm not mad at his opinion, I just thought it was funny that he took the time out of his day to come to a thread about a band he doesn't like just to say he doesn't like them.

I have a lot of time on my hands, Jesus. I am fortunate enough to work a desk job 80% of the time. 

1 minute ago, Jesus Of Suburbia said:

So did most of us... just a bit less direct. This is just a fun meme band thread get over it :P