PO Now: Green Day - Father Of All Motherfuckers

Personally, this album is a blast. Whomever said this was a tight fun record nailed it. Is it Green Day’s best record? Nah, far from it. But it great record to blast while driving. People need to stop complaining about every little thing these days that isn’t to their liking. The band’s over 30 years old at this point, they can do what every they want to do.  “I’m an LEGIT fan, I ONLY like the ‘old’ records.” Get over yourself. 

Edited by beardacus

1 hour ago, beardacus said:

Personally, this album is a blast. Whomever said this was a tight fun record nailed it. Is it Green Day’s best record? Nah, far from it. But it great record to blast while driving. People need to stop complaining about every little thing these days that isn’t to their liking. The band’s over 30 years old at this point, they can do what every they want to do.  “I’m an LEGIT fan, I ONLY like the ‘old’ records.” Get over yourself. 

It's just a cover record I dunno why anyone is upset. They just ran out of new ideas its expected at this point.

3 hours ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

https://store.greenday.com/horny-bumper-sticker-digital-album.html

don’t forget to get your merch to show your love for the band/the new album/being horny

I can't be the only bojack horseman fan here that's laughing at the "horny unicorn".

On 2/6/2020 at 2:23 PM, deftbarley said:

If you like Hippy Hippy Shake, you're going to love Stab You In The Heart...

On 2/7/2020 at 6:34 PM, burdenx said:

God damn, you weren't kidding. They just blatantly stole it.

3 minutes ago, zuck said:

This is their best album since American Idiot. I realize this isn't saying much, but damnit if Billie Joe doesn't know how to write a pop song.

Does he? Go ahead and listen to those two songs back to back and see if you can say that again lol

I hate to pass up an easy opportunity to trash on new Green Day but this was actually much less atrocious than I expected based on hearing the singles. There are 2-3 tracks on here that are actually the first GD songs I’ve dug in 10+ years and even the obnoxious and annoying songs, while being not very Green Day-ish, do more for me than Revolution Radio and the last few records. I’m pressing Submit Reply before I come to my senses.

11 hours ago, Sh100by said:

Those two songs are laughably identical no matter how you feel.

Although I can see how there would be a correlation between not hearing it and enjoying this album. 

I actually did laugh the first time I heard the song. You can't not notice they're the same if you've heard both songs. I still think this is their best album since AI, even with them jackin' beats.

23 hours ago, Sh100by said:

It's just a cover record I dunno why anyone is upset. They just ran out of new ideas its expected at this point.

They’ve been copying other artists for years. Your favorite band sucks podcast does an episode on Green Day and at the end they run through many of their songs and say who each song ripped off. It’s an amazing episode if you or anyone are inclined to check it out. 

3 hours ago, texan4life said:

They’ve been copying other artists for years. Your favorite band sucks podcast does an episode on Green Day and at the end they run through many of their songs and say who each song ripped off. It’s an amazing episode if you or anyone are inclined to check it out. 

I’m gonna have to check that out.  Especially since they haven’t put out anything good since Nimrod / Warning (and that’s coming from someone who loves early Green Day). 

One of the new songs came on my Spotify Release Radar playlist and I skipped it half way in. Don’t remember the track name, but god damn it was bad. 

I just pretend they retired in ‘99, occasionally do reunion tours (not at stadiums), and that helps me sleep at night. 

On 2/8/2020 at 10:19 PM, beardacus said:

I think the best way to describe this album is: 

It’s a Foxboro Hot Tubs-ish Green Day record.

or

It’s a Green Day-ish  Foxboro Hot Tubs record. 

take your pick. 

I finally got around to listening to this today... and this comment right here is SPOT. ON.

...also, I liked it!

On 2/9/2020 at 11:27 AM, texan4life said:

Per this comment I went and checked the episode out, fuckin' hilarious! "If Green Day is punk then they're the punk you don't leave your backpack with because they will steal your shit!" 

16 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Per this comment I went and checked the episode out, fuckin' hilarious! "If Green Day is punk then they're the punk you don't leave your backpack with because they will steal your shit!" 

Haha oh, man. That was great. I agree with pretty much everything, except I love 1039 - Insomniac. But naming two albums after shit is pretty fucking dumb. Haha. Everything after that is just ugh, why. They're so right about them basically stealing Wonderwall, and tons of other songs. And they totally stole Jawbreaker's Boxcar with She's A Rebel. So glad someone else finally made that comparison, god damn. I think what hurt the most of being is being reminded that they put out the trilogy, and RR. 

Ugh, I gotta know. Streaming it now...

I went into this with an open mind. I’m not a big Green Day fan, but enjoy the lookout stuff,  Dookie, and Insomniac. I listened to over half of it, but eventually had to turn it off due to feeling embarrassed. It was that bad. I’m not an American Idiot fan but I’m not embarrassed to listen to it. This is another story.

I’m almost ready to believe the theory that this is bad on purpose.