Weezer "Van Weezer"

N8TRU

9 hours ago, N8TRU said:

I added this to my cart but didn't check out because of the price. Today I got a webstore email reminder that it was in my cart and they gave me a specific 10% off coupon. Only $2.40 off but if that appeals to anyone they can give it a try.

Same here! Hoping they add a media mail option in the near future, then I’ll order for sure. 

21 minutes ago, beags said:

The White Album is so confusing.

I don't understand how a band can put out 4 exceptionally mediocre releases, then one of the greatest albums of all time, and follow that up with pure shite for the foreseeable future. Like how.

The White Album is confusing because it's all over the place but...

A new producer was signed, Jake Sinclair, whom the band met during the recording for Raditude. The album has some classic-sounding songs like the Pinkerton style "Do You Wanna Get High?" and the The Blue Album-sounding "L.A. Girlz." There are also some new and modern sounding tracks like "Thank God for Girls" and "Jacked Up." Rivers has said that he was pushing for the new sound, while Jake wanted more classic style songs.

Personally, I think "Do You Wanna Get High?" is the only good song on the White Album and the rest is trash.

24 minutes ago, deftbarley said:

The White Album is confusing because it's all over the place but...

Personally, I think "Do You Wanna Get High?" is the only good song on the White Album and the rest is trash.

Interesting. I don't think there's a bad song on it. LA Girlz and California Kids are definitely up there with my all time favourite Weezer tracks though

1 hour ago, beags said:

The White Album is so confusing.

I don't understand how a band can put out 4 exceptionally mediocre releases, then one of the greatest albums of all time, and follow that up with pure shite for the foreseeable future. Like how.

One of the greatest albums of all time? 

9 hours ago, gutterball1 said:

1) didn't they just release 2 albums?  do they ever stop making albums?  and 2) why put up a pre-order 9 months before release? 

I can answer all your questions at once.... "Because that's how you make lots of money"

Edited by V3XED

12 hours ago, gutterball1 said:

1) didn't they just release 2 albums?  do they ever stop making albums?  and 2) why put up a pre-order 9 months before release? 

Weezer is essentially 3 different bands now, all called Weezer and featuring the same members. Rivers just cranks out a ton of rock, pop, and nightmare studio atrocity songs and saves them in a different folder until each gets to 10-12 songs.

As far as the long pre-order lead in, I think Weezer probably haven't finished the album but wanted to join GD and FOB on the synced release date scheme. I'm assuming the posted release date is worst case scenario and it actually gets released way before then once they finish the album.

• 7 months later...

Delayed until they have a solid release date. New song above.

"This one is for the stay at home dreamers, the zoom graduators, the sourdough bakers, and the essential workers. Hero the new single from Van Weezer is out now, pass it on https://Weezer.lnk.to/hero With the good news, comes the bad: unfortunately we're going to have to delay the release of Van Weezer. As you know, Corona has put a crimp in many well-laid plans. Van Weezer has been no exception. And because we don't want to give another release date until we're absolutely sure of it, we'll just say "stay tuned for more info." In the meantime, we’re working hard on getting you all the new Weezer you can handle including music and more surprises getting announced later this week ;)"

• 3 months later...
  • N8TRU changed the title to Weezer "Van Weezer"