Weezer "Van Weezer"

N8TRU

It ain’t white or EWBAITE but it’s a cohesive song with a nice hook and no embarrassing effects added. That’s lower top tier Weezer territory.

I can also see more of the through line from parts of Black to this and OK Human. He’s making smaller, more tight pop songs and drifting away from the gimmicky obnoxious stuff. Black had a few really solid songs buried under the cringe-worthy effects and production but those handful of songs and everything since sounds pretty similar and consistent. Just different execution.
Right now, I prefer the big guitar execution, even with the silly Van Halen noodling. OK Human felt like it didn’t do the songs full service and like one of those bonus albums bands release of them playing their songs live with an orchestra. It’s interesting to hear but kind of a bummer if those are the definitive versions. I’d love to hear guitar Weezer versions of OK Human.

Edited by Oblivions

2 minutes ago, Scruffy...the janitor said:

Not a bad song. Any word on an indie color or was that the magenta? I don't think I can bring myself to go for the $14 shipping for the yellow on their site. 

I grabbed the magenta from Rough Trade as I doubt my local shop will get this in - since they didn’t get in OK. 

46 minutes ago, Scruffy...the janitor said:

Not a bad song. Any word on an indie color or was that the magenta? I don't think I can bring myself to go for the $14 shipping for the yellow on their site. 

https://recordstoreday.com/UPC/075678650963

Try their site, I found 4 nearby stores to pre-order the neon magenta from.

47 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

I grabbed the magenta from Rough Trade as I doubt my local shop will get this in - since they didn’t get in OK. 

2 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

https://recordstoreday.com/UPC/075678650963

Try their site, I found 4 nearby stores to pre-order the neon magenta from.

Perfect, thanks! Looks like my local shop just put up a preorder, too.

Now I'm ready to *meedley meedley meedley meeeee - way up high on the tiny strings. *deep Homestar Runner cut, don't mind me. 

I just don't know how they didn't use their logo in the van halen format for the cover? On one hand it's way too obvious but it's a million times better than what they went with. I don't think they realize how important cover art is. This fan made art would make me more interested in checking out the album. credit to reddit user capsvlecorpsspacer.png

17 minutes ago, deftbarley said:

I just don't know how they didn't use their logo in the van halen format for the cover? On one hand it's way too obvious but it's a million times better than what they went with. I don't think they realize how important cover art is. This fan made art would make me more interested in checking out the album. credit to reddit user capsvlecorpsspacer.png

Best Its Beautiful Zoolander GIFs | Gfycat

As a graphic design nerd, this times 1 billion. Man we need to somehow get these alt cover jackets printed for those who'd rather have it. Would look great with the neon yellow variant more too. 

Maybe like a slip cover of sorts??? Anyone with resources/knowledge on that end?

Edited by ethanpricington

2 hours ago, ethanpricington said:

Best Its Beautiful Zoolander GIFs | Gfycat

As a graphic design nerd, this times 1 billion. Man we need to somehow get these alt cover jackets printed for those who'd rather have it. Would look great with the neon yellow variant more too. 

Maybe like a slip cover of sorts??? Anyone with resources/knowledge on that end?

Almost 100% certain this was some hastily thrown together temporary cover provided by their label. They wanted to do a pre-order before the album was even done.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven’t heard this one in full yet but OK Human ended up being like a McDonalds quarter pounder with the meat replaced by an artisan veggie patty. Why would you do that? The shitty McDonalds bun and cheese ruins the veggie patty and the veggie patty ruins the shitty delicious McDonalds you’re craving in what is a shameful moment of poor judgment. Give me dumb guitar Weezer when I’m jonesing for the dumb band Weezer!

Edited by Oblivions

50 minutes ago, Oblivions said:

Haven’t heard this one in full yet but OK Human ended up being like a McDonalds quarter pounder with the meat replaced by an artisan veggie patty. Why would you do that? The shitty McDonalds bun and cheese ruins the veggie patty and the veggie patty ruins the shitty delicious McDonalds you’re craving in what is a shameful moment of poor judgment. Give me dumb guitar Weezer when I’m jonesing for the dumb band Weezer!

🏻 This guy likes Back To The Shack.

I do too. 🤟🏻

https://weezerwebstore.com/products/van-weezer-deluxe-box-set-with-autographed-litho

THIS IS A PRE ORDER.  Release date is June 25.  Orders will ship before the release date but is not guaranteed to arrive by the release date.   

• Limited to 1100 copies
  • Van Weezer album on a transparent purple and lightning bolt cassette — exclusive to the box set only
  • Lightning bolt laser cut picture disc — exclusive to the box set only — featuring two exclusive remixes: Beginning of the End (Wyld Stallyns Mix) and Hero (Mike Mago Mix) 
  • Screen printed Van Weezer back patch
  • Exclusive sticker sheet
  • Weezer lithograph -  numbered & signed (only 1-500 will be signed) 
  • Etched metal guitar pick 

$110

4 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

https://weezerwebstore.com/products/van-weezer-deluxe-box-set-with-autographed-litho

THIS IS A PRE ORDER.  Release date is June 25.  Orders will ship before the release date but is not guaranteed to arrive by the release date.   

• Limited to 1100 copies
  • Van Weezer album on a transparent purple and lightning bolt cassette — exclusive to the box set only
  • Lightning bolt laser cut picture disc — exclusive to the box set only — featuring two exclusive remixes: Beginning of the End (Wyld Stallyns Mix) and Hero (Mike Mago Mix) 
  • Screen printed Van Weezer back patch
  • Exclusive sticker sheet
  • Weezer lithograph -  numbered & signed (only 1-500 will be signed) 
  • Etched metal guitar pick 

$110

Man I want that signed litho 😩

• N8TRU changed the title to Weezer "Van Weezer"