Sorry for the lack of updates on the group buy, folks.  It’s been a bit of a rough weekend.  As Butch’s has graciously posted all 3 variants, we’re going to keep it simple and refer to them in order of appearance: /150, /100, and /50.  The /150 will be distributed to A1KA, as a reminder, and the /100 “mist” variant is exclusive to Elusive Sound.  The /50 is also exclusive to ES but cannot be placed within our group buy.

These go on sale tomorrow.

What I would like is a total head count of my fellow VC peeps who reside in the U.S. that will for sure be wanting a copy of this, and can pay within the next 24 hours or so.  If these go on sale the same time that they’ve been teasing the variants, that gives us 25 hours until they’re live.  I would like to lock in our order shortly before they go live, so they can allocate stock accordingly.

Please reply in this thread - no PMs - with your interest and preferred variant.  I will PM you to sort out payment shortly after, and again to establish your mailing address as the release approaches.

@Gumbo72203 - you mentioned a few people may be interested in this who aren’t on VC.  Due to time constraints and for maximum transparency, I’m going to keep this group buy tied to the forums strictly, for now.  I understand that 2-3 more bodies may drive the price down a bit but I think there’s enough interest on the boards to make a group-buy worthwhile.  I’ll be juggling enough PMs as is and the traceability here on the boards is optimal.

1 hour ago, EquinoxDesignLab said:

Do you happen to know if the repress of Lose Yourself could be included in the group buy as well? I am leaning more towards the /150 variant of Earth Cult, so it would make sense for me to get both from A1KA, 

I’m fairly certain that it can be, but allow me to reach out and verify that for you real quick.

9 minutes ago, KyleHussaLietz said:

How does the group buy work exactly? I’ve never done anything like that. I’m definitely going to get one of them (likely not the /50).  

Since I'm spearheading the group buy and working directly with the label, we get a total count by tomorrow morning and I relay that count – specifying variants – to Elusive Sound.  They sat aside the amount we ask for.  We break out the exact cost – which is reduced the more we order, up to about 14 copies or so, I believe – with a few extra bucks factored in for Media Mail shipping.  Everyone pays this grand total to me; I directly hand the funds off to Elusive Sound, and then print out all your labels and ship out your records when the mega-mailer arrives on my doorstep.  Just shaves a bit off the shipping cost, which can add up when we get the ball rolling on official counts.

58 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

That being said; @omik11303, @anchorlessbodies, @ghost, and @EquinoxDesignLab – you guys all PM'd me last week.  If you're still interested, can you post in this thread with your preferred variant?  Thank you.

Hey Derek, I'm actually just gonna go the 1K Arms route since they have the variant that I want. Sorry but I'll be going solo this time.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

That being said; @omik11303, @anchorlessbodies, @ghost, and @EquinoxDesignLab – you guys all PM'd me last week.  If you're still interested, can you post in this thread with your preferred variant?  Thank you.

I don’t know how the above two dropouts are gonna affect pricing, but do you think the difference in cost will be substantial vs. just ordering thru A1KA? If it’s the same price, more or less, I’ll go through you so I don’t have to worry about missing it.

No worries guys, I'm going to gauge interest here and keep an ongoing tally to see if the savings are even worth it.  If only 4-5 of us are committing, it may be faster (and a lot less effort on my end) to each eat the extra couple of bucks and order from A1KA directly, unless the /100 Mist is what you're pining for.

So far for interest of a group buy, I have;

Butcha – /150

Omik11303 – /100

Derek™ – TBD

KyleHussaLietz – /100

sewnmouth – TBD

EquinoxDesignLab – /150 + Lose Yourself repress.

elvismcvegas – LY repress.

Edited by Derek™

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

No worries guys, I'm going to gauge interest here and keep an ongoing tally to see if the savings are even worth it.  If only 4-5 of us are committing, it may be faster (and a lot less effort on my end) to each eat the extra couple of bucks and order from A1KA directly, unless the /100 Mist is what you're pining for.

So far for interest of a group buy, I have;

Butcha – /150

Omik11303 – TBD

Derek™ – TBD

KyleHussaLietz – TBD

Hey man, I definitely like the /100 more but if the savings aren’t worth it, I’m cool with ordering the /150 from A1KA as well. Let me know. Thanks!

I will keep this thread bumping with any and all updates.  Reminder that at the time of reading this past, we have just over 12 hours to respond to the label with our tentative order.  (Still no word on bundling in LY, Equinox, but I’m 90% sure that’s just fine.  Should hear back from Elusive once I’m up early tomorrow morning.)

4 minutes ago, EquinoxDesignLab said:

Right on keep me posted on that. If its possible Ill do LY and the /150.

For sure, I'll have an answer for you either later tonight or in about 7 hours from the time you're reading this.  Whenever that reply comes in.  I've been saving some thicker mailers that securely house multiple LPs... so if he can swing both, your order is in good hands.

20 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Sounds great.  Just an LY or did I miss you specify an Earthcult variant too?

About 3 more hours to lock in our orders, guys.  Not sure what to do with any TBDs remaining when the deadline is due.  Flip a coin?

If you’re proceeding with the group buy, put me down for the /100 version. 

Thanks man!

Edited by KyleHussaLietz

8 hours ago, sewnmouth said:

I'm in for either /150 or /100, whichever works. 

I’m going to put you down for a /100 if we’re doing the buy.  7 participants at the moment; seems worth it as is, but I’ll keep it going.

Gumbo has allowed a little wiggle room after the cut-off time, for his buys in the past.  I don’t think that’s happening this morning.  It’s my first time working directly with the label, and they’re under some strain to ensure today’s webstore launch goes smoothly.  They’ve been super accommodating and quick to communicate through all this, so I’m returning the favor and keeping this streamlined and squeaky clean for them.  No last second surprises.