I produced this Petty Tribute split LP and it starts shipping this week!

Eight interpretations of Tom Petty classics -- some hits, some deep cuts -- performed by two of Virginia's best songwriters.

Black & White:  A Tribute to Tom Petty feat. Saw Black and Sarah White

Limited to 200 copies.

Stream/Order >> https://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/album/warhen026-black-white-a-tribute-to-tom-petty

spacer.png

Edited by warhenrecords

There's been a lot of snark in here about this, so I figure I'll be open and kind.

For me, these sort of tribute albums don't make much sense. If I want to listen to Tom Petty, I'll put on some Tom Petty. If I want to listen to some of whatever state's best songwriters...well, I probably want to hear their original songs.

There was another label that kept putting out these sort of tributes over the last few years and I think they recently just folded. Sucks, because they used to put out really awesome, lesser known bands at good prices too, then they got super into these kind of releases and everything just fell off (except prices, which increased).

I just don't think these sort of tribute/cover albums are anything anyone is asking for.

Well I've sold a bunch, so clearly some people want them. If you aren't into it, that is fine too.

This is also the first covers record I've ever done, and I don't really have intentions of doing another, so there is that.

And for those of you who'd like to hear some of Saw Black's original songs, here you go: https://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/album/warhen025-water-tower