PO : Dashboard Confessional - The Best Ones Of The Best Ones

gazzo

Greatest hits album coming up

The Best Ones Of The Best Ones, pressed on cream/black galaxy-colored vinyl.

Release Date: 
January 31, 2020

Track listing:

• Screaming Infidelities
  • The Swiss Army Romance
  • Again I Go Unnoticed
  • Saints And Sailors
  • The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most
  • Hands Down
  • So Impossible
  • The Best Deceptions
  • The Sharp Hint Of New Tears
  • The Brilliant Dance
  • Drowning
  • Ghost Of A Good Thing
  • Don't Wait
  • Stolen
  • So Long, So Long
  • Vindicated
  • Fever Dreams
  • Belle Of The Boulevard
  • We Fight
  • Heart Beat Here

also full album tour with Get Up Kids and Piebald

https://www.dashboardconfessional.com/products/651772-the-best-ones-of-the-best-ones-vinyl

3 hours ago, bridley said:

Cool! Disappointed there isn't a Toronto date in the tour, though. 

Curious if Dine Alone will also have copies? Any info you can share @justindinealone

self-released, still hoping to bring copies in for sale but we won't be involved in the release! 

something i haven't seen addressed yet, this feels like it should be 2LP? i don't see that mentioned but its 20 songs

1 minute ago, justindinealone said:

self-released, still hoping to bring copies in for sale but we won't be involved in the release! 

something i haven't seen addressed yet, this feels like it should be 2LP? i don't see that mentioned but its 20 songs

Quote from e-mail he just sent out:

"Carrabba — who now owns the majority of Dashboard Confessional’s master recordings (a notable rarity in the music industry) — will self-release the physical, double LP version of The Best Ones Of The Best Ones."

36 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Quote from e-mail he just sent out:

"Carrabba — who now owns the majority of Dashboard Confessional’s master recordings (a notable rarity in the music industry) — will self-release the physical, double LP version of The Best Ones Of The Best Ones."

"Majority" - what doesn't he own? The Fiddler stuff? 

On 9/16/2019 at 1:27 PM, Kanye West said:

"Majority" - what doesn't he own? The Fiddler stuff? 

Judging by the tracklist, maybe not the Summer's Kiss EP on Eulogy? Drowning is on there, and I think was only released on the Fiddler EP. Seems weird they'd use Sharp Hint from MTV and not the original album, though. Maybe he has the EP, but not Swiss Army Romance?

Edit: Swiss Army Romance really got into wide distribution because of the Drive-Thru CD release after the initial Fiddler release. Drive-Thru also did that silly 5x7" repress. Wonder if they're the complicating factor?

Edited by smailtronic

6 hours ago, smailtronic said:

Edit: Swiss Army Romance really got into wide distribution because of the Drive-Thru CD release after the initial Fiddler release. Drive-Thru also did that silly 5x7" repress. Wonder if they're the complicating factor?

Drive Thru never obtained the masters just a re-issue, I asked. But also Dashboard has the Swiss Army masters, per spotify changing from the previous label to Dashboard this year along with the others.

I believe the only album he doesn't own is Alter The Ending but I could be wrong.

Edited by corey.

2 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

A greatest hits record? Weird. It's not common for Dashboard to press ridiculous and unnecessary things! 😄

https://slyvinyl.com/genres/rock/dashboard-confessional-swiss-army-romance-limited-edition-vinyl-box-set

Don't even get me started...this definitely ranks among the dumbest releases I've ever seen. 

And let's be honest here- any 7" box set for any release is pretty much just dumb.  All it takes is one time trying to listen to an album on 7"s to realize a terrible, meaningless mistake has been made on the part of all involved in its release.  

• 1 month later...