PO : Dashboard Confessional - The Best Ones Of The Best Ones

gazzo

I got the galaxy variant in the other day. Instead of cream/black, it's a blue/green swirl and although it doesn't match the artwork as well, it's really cool and I'm stoked to have it. I also saw the indie retail variant is maroon

Also "hands down" is an alternate acoustic version. The combination of alternate live recordings and what not makes this press even cooler and also leaves room for a repress of the earlier vinyl imo.

Edited by corey.

6 hours ago, corey. said:

I got the galaxy variant in the other day. Instead of cream/black, it's a blue/green swirl and although it doesn't match the artwork as well, it's really cool and I'm stoked to have it. I also saw the indie retail variant is maroon

Also "hands down" is an alternate acoustic version. The combination of alternate live recordings and what not makes this press even cooler and also leaves room for a repress of the earlier vinyl imo.

So the original version 

5 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

So the original version 

Haha I feel like this is a snarky hipster "I know what the original version of hands down was" response.

I suppose I meant an alternate version than the one that most people know, one of their highest streamed songs, the one that appears on their album, etc. But the reason I mentioned it is because I don't own it on vinyl already, opposed to the full band version. Do you own the "acoustic original" on vinyl outside of this pressing?

1 hour ago, corey. said:

Haha I feel like this is a snarky hipster "I know what the original version of hands down was" response.

I suppose I meant an alternate version than the one that most people know, one of their highest streamed songs, the one that appears on their album, etc. But the reason I mentioned it is because I don't own it on vinyl already, opposed to the full band version. Do you own the "acoustic original" on vinyl outside of this pressing?

I dunno if it's snarky as much as it was just meant to indicate that the recording you're referencing could quite possibly be the superior version that was released on the "So Impossible EP."

But you're right about it not being on vinyl previously.

Side note - Can someone just repress THAT EP, at least? That shit was the last fully good thing he did before moving on to his full band stuff.

On 2/4/2020 at 12:53 PM, jonnywreck said:

I dunno if it's snarky as much as it was just meant to indicate that the recording you're referencing could quite possibly be the superior version that was released on the "So Impossible EP."

They could've said that then lol. Not that it matters, it just felt like a correction.

Which is fine, just neither here nor there in regards to why I mentioned it being an "alternate" version than the one I had expected (the full band version) and thought it was a nice surprise to own on vinyl

Edited by corey.

21 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

It seems odd calling the original version an alternate version

also less of a hipster comment and more of an old person comment

6 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

The only version that matters.

Well fuck me for mentioning that the acoustic ORIGINAL EP version is on this vinyl press haha. I didn't realize everyone already knew that it wasn't the full band version.

A million apologies to ya'll for using the word "alternate" before

Edited by corey.
x

57 minutes ago, corey. said:

Well fuck me for mentioning that the acoustic ORIGINAL EP version is on this vinyl press haha. I didn't realize everyone already knew that it wasn't the full band version.

always a good idea when you make a mistake to come back with enhanced vitriol and sarcasm, as opposed to saying i'm sorry or shutting the fuck up and letting it die.

22 hours ago, corey. said:

I didn't know it was either, I was just saying the original version is the superior version lol