RSD Black Friday 2019

nico

1 hour ago, Oblivions said:

If anyone comes across a National tape set and wants to help out a random, hit me up! My bud already went to two spots that either had no copies or had them sell out immediately upon opening.

I found a copy! Please pay it forward to the next National fan, if you got a copy for a stranger.

The owner of the Rehoboth DE stores told me the company that sends everything to the distributor (I think) screwed up big time and there were 12 releases he had no way of getting. Neither store got The Weeknd which is a pretty big one this year but he'll get some in soon. Piggy backing on what someone said for the cost of stock, apparently the profit margins for stores are really sad and basically not worth their time. I also wouldn't be surprised if BF RSD gets phased out as well.

On the bright side VSQ's The Nightmare Before Christmas was only $20! Then Slipknot's 7" was $14....

2 hours ago, museummouth said:

Repo Records in philly has a shit ton of Pearl Jam if anyone is looking for it. Like 30-40 copies. Tons of García boxes too. When I left about 15 minutes ago they had two Phish left and 3 National tapes. 

Would love a PJ if you're still able to grab me a copy. Let me know!

5 hours ago, riotgirl787 said:

If anyone is able to snag The National’s cassette set for me I would be eternally grateful! I just had a muscle biopsy and am stuck in bed for the next few days 😕

rough trade NYC has a bunch, like 20 of them just an hour ago. doubt they will sell out today, u can try your luck on sunday on their website 

38 minutes ago, museummouth said:

National tapes sound pretty great for live tapes. Has that sort of "bootleg" sound but it's crisp and clear. 

I love that it’s an actual bootleg that sounds like a bootleg and that they didn’t just record a regular live album with a bootleg visual aesthetic/backstory/gimmick.