RSD Black Friday 2019

nico

Plaid Room has an exclusive Grant Green LP on blue wax for Record Store BFD:

https://www.plaidroomrecords.com/products/prrexclusivegrantgreen

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgallery.mailchimp

Plaid Room Exclusive - Grant Green - Sunday Mornin' (limited to 1000)

Anyone who knows us knows that we have a huge soft spot for Blue Note Records, as many do. My introduction to jazz was through artists like Lee Morgan, Herbie Hancock, and especially Grant Green. So it gives us great pleasure to announce a Plaid Room Exclusive blue vinyl pressing of Grant Green's "Sunday Mornin'". It's never been reissued and we are pressing 1000 copies on blue vinyl for Black Friday. It's not an official RSD release for Black Friday, so it will only be available from our store and pre-orders are live now!

- Recorded by Rudy Van Gelder
- Lacquers cut by Kevin Gray from the original analog tapes
- Plated and pressed at RTI
- 180g pressing, housed in a Stoughton "old-style" tip-on jacket, rice paper inner sleeve
- Limited edition of 1000 copies on blue vinyl, exclusive to Plaid Room Records

When Kevin was cutting these lacquers, he said, "Rudy's sound doesn't get any better than this, it really doesn't." He would know, he has cut more blue Note lacquers than anyone in the world! If you're not familiar with the record, check it out on streaming services, it's killer!

Edited by jackshidt

26 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

I’ll pick it up but call me when Modern Love gets a repress . . .

RIGHT? I asked him about a repress when he did his little tour after Show Me Your Fangs came out and he seemed to be dumbfounded that there would be any interest in it. I was like uhhhhh they're virtually nonexistent on the resale market and when they do pop up they go for big money! 

29 minutes ago, nardes said:

RIGHT? I asked him about a repress when he did his little tour after Show Me Your Fangs came out and he seemed to be dumbfounded that there would be any interest in it. I was like uhhhhh they're virtually nonexistent on the resale market and when they do pop up they go for big money! 

Yep. I keep seeing red copies with no artwork pop up on discogs, all sold by the same seller as far as I can tell (sometimes under a different name) and they seem super fishy to me, so I'm holding out for a repress or getting lucky in the wild.

14 hours ago, pizza face said:

I don't think cartoon network released it, but they may have aired it on their network. I have it on vhs and cassette. I might pick it up but it's not a must have for me

Yeah it must’ve aired on Cartoon Network. I taped it on VHS, but thanks! This YouTube link takes me way back! I totally forgot Drew Barrymore was in this! Those in-between pieces are terrible!

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Charles Barkley said:

If anyone can snag me a copy of:

The Hold Steady

Phish

Lisa Loeb 

Id be grateful. 

https://www.normanrecords.com/promos/521?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Black Friday at Norman Records&utm_content=Black Friday at Norman Records+CID_2a111bd2985cd6f94c9d3fd5ea383a57&utm_source=EmailMarketingSoftware&utm_term=small selection of limited-edition Black Friday vinyl

fwiw Norman Records in the UK has the Hold Steady available right now. 

25 minutes ago, Oblivions said:

If anyone comes across a National tape set and wants to help out a random, hit me up! My bud already went to two spots that either had no copies or had them sell out immediately upon opening.

My store had a couple. I have to go back out later today, so I can swing by then to see if I can help you out! 

3 minutes ago, Charles Barkley said:

My store had a couple. I have to go back out later today, so I can swing by then to see if I can help you out! 

Thanks! That’d be awesome. I will update this thread if I can find a copy so that no one expends any undue energy on my behalf. 

Edited by Oblivions

8 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

What a weak BFRSD this year.

I usually line up about 1/2 an hour early and get between 10th-15th in line. This year I was later than usual (about 20 mins before doors) and was 3rd in line. Things seem to have fizzled out when it comes to excitement. 

49 minutes ago, Oblivions said:

If anyone comes across a National tape set and wants to help out a random, hit me up! My bud already went to two spots that either had no copies or had them sell out immediately upon opening.

This package was so small, much harder to spot than I expected. my store had one, and it was on a shelf to the side with 7'' adapters and LP sleeves. No one was over there, so I lucked out big time. 

1 minute ago, simple_torture said:

I usually line up about 1/2 an hour early and get between 10th-15th in line. This year I was later than usual (about 20 mins before doors) and was 3rd in line. Things seem to have fizzled out when it comes to excitement. 

Yeah BFRSD has been getting less and less popular every year. I wouldn’t be surprised if they faded it out. Although regular April RSD is just as popular as ever still. 

Got Phish and the National but my store didn’t have any McCartney left by the time I got there 30 minutes after opening.