PO: BAYSIDE "Interrobang" (out October 4)

On 9/20/2019 at 11:49 AM, chaz725 said:

How are we still living in a world with vinyl preorders where shipping is half the price of the record??

have you gone to the post office and shipped something lately?  its unreal how much the cost of shipping has gone up by USPS.   also, the cost of vinyl has come down so much over the years, that the shipping is only half the price.  a new vinyl used to be closer to $30-$40 but now they are only like $15-$20.  either way its still prob cheaper then driving to the warehouse and picking it up yourself. 

On 9/20/2019 at 12:23 PM, gazzo said:

usual comment, but trying living in Europe where shipping is actually more than the record.

well its still prob cheaper then flying to America to pick it up yourself right? so still a good deal consider the $1,000 you save in passports, plane tickets, and hotels.

17 minutes ago, gutterball1 said:

have you gone to the post office and shipped something lately?  its unreal how much the cost of shipping has gone up by USPS.   also, the cost of vinyl has come down so much over the years, that the shipping is only half the price.  a new vinyl used to be closer to $30-$40 but now they are only like $15-$20.  either way its still prob cheaper then driving to the warehouse and picking it up yourself. 

well its still prob cheaper then flying to America to pick it up yourself right? so still a good deal consider the $1,000 you save in passports, plane tickets, and hotels.

Media Mail is still really cheap to use.

The price of records have gone up not down in the past half decade. 

You have no idea what you are speaking on

2 hours ago, Buffbloom said:

Marketing.  They named the other variant Galaxy so it attracts more than it would if they had just called it translucent orange with black smoke.

They can call it whatever they want it's still better looking than the half and half.

1 hour ago, gutterball1 said:

I have nothing bayside related to contribute but you’re wrong about vinyl prices and you’re kind of a dick. 

and by kind of I mean you’re a condescending dick, but like, how you gonna be condescending and not even fully spell the word probably?

prob cause you a dick

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

1 hour ago, ditc586 said:

Media Mail is still really cheap to use.

The price of records have gone up not down in the past half decade. 

You have no idea what you are speaking on

I started buying vinyl about 10 years ago. It cost about $28 for a single LP and about $38 for a double. Now it only cost about $15-$20 for a single LP and about $25 for a double LP. This excludes RSD prices lol. But yeah prices have dropped by about 30% over the past decade. 

2 hours ago, gutterball1 said:

I started buying vinyl about 10 years ago. It cost about $28 for a single LP and about $38 for a double. Now it only cost about $15-$20 for a single LP and about $25 for a double LP. This excludes RSD prices lol. But yeah prices have dropped by about 30% over the past decade. 

Do you have data on these numbers? I started collecting in 2012 and have logged the prices of every single piece in my collection. Prices have definitely gone up.