PO NOW: Lights "The Listening"

akamu

The time has finally come! Today is the 10 year anniversary of "The Listening", and Lights has announced her debut album is coming to vinyl for the very first time.

It has a release date of October 11, 2019.

https://store.iamlights.com/the-listening-10th-anniversary-lp.html

spacer.png

Search didn't turn up any relevant results, but apologies if this already been posted. :)

Updates for 9/21:

Edited by akamu

Might grab this. Not an electro pop fan but her acoustic stuff is always solid and I have nostalgia over this one.

It's funny she mentioned something about her first album being pressed back in the day and people bought it thinking it was a calendar. Flash forward to today and people are knowingly buying records to hang on their wall.

Edit: all gone 😕

Edited by lostcrimes

5 hours ago, lostcrimes said:

Might grab this. Not an electro pop fan but her acoustic stuff is always solid and I have nostalgia over this one.

It's funny she mentioned something about her first album being pressed back in the day and people bought it thinking it was a calendar. Flash forward to today and people are knowingly buying records to hang on their wall.

Edit: all gone 😕

Yeah this was all gone pretty damn quick lol. I checked at 8pm (eastern) yesterday, and they were gone. 

3 hours ago, drrowe said:

This is a pre-order and not limited that I've seen. I just checked and the pre-order is still active....

Definitely didn’t have the pre order option last night, but thanks for the heads up. Was able to place an order now. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 7:07 PM, Han Solo said:

These must be going up in waves since it seems to sell out and then be restocked. Did anyone find out how many copies they're making? 

Good question. Looks like it’s sold out for now.

I did get an update from Warner Music that I thought I’d pass along for anyone else who ordered.

On behalf of Warner Music Group, we would like to apologize to Lights and to her fans that have purchased merch on her webstore. Our new warehouse partner is unable to serve our needs, resulting in a large backlog of orders which have yet to ship.

Unfortunately, these delays have also impacted The Listening vinyl. We are, however, expecting The Listening vinyl to ship in the next two to three weeks and you will receive an email confirming when your order is sent out.

Since this item was a pre-order you may be seeing pending charges on your account.

We understand your frustrations in not receiving your products on time and will be working on a way to make this up to everyone affected once the backlog is resolved. We promise you that we are working every day to rectify the backlog problem and also to improve our processes and provide a better shopping experience.
However, if you cannot wait until we get this straightened out and want to cancel your order, we completely understand. To cancel your order (and receive any applicable refunds or authorization reversals) please email [email protected] with your name and order number and Warner Music Group will respond. This is a new customer service email strictly for Lights fans to put you in a priority cue for assistance.

Thank you for bearing with us while we endure this rough transition and for being a dedicated fan!”