PO Now: Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - "Ghosteen" (11/8/19)

Announced this morning via Nick's Red Hand Files blog. Double album, he says it's out "next week." Pre-orders up on official site: https://storena.nickcave.com/

Cover art and tracklist below:

CAVE_GHOSTEEN-1024x1024.jpg

Part 1:

The Spinning Song
Bright Horses
Waiting For You
Night Raid
Sun Forest
Galleon Ship
Ghosteen Speaks
Leviathan

Part 2:

Ghosteen
Fireflies
Hollywood

https://www.theredhandfiles.com/when-can-we-expect-a-new-album/

Edited by simple_torture

Running times:

Part One

1. The Spinning Song 4:44
2. Bright Horses 4.53
3. Waiting For You 3:55
4. Night Raid 5:08 
5. Sun Forest 6:48 
6. Galleon Ship 4:15 
7. Ghosteen Speaks 4:03 
8. Leviathan 4:48

Part Two

1. Ghosteen 12:11
2. Fireflies 3:23
3. Hollywood 14:13

Edited by craigeduk

Bull Moose has both the CD and the LP up for pre-order. It looks like they have the prices reversed, not sure if they will honor it if you order it earlyhttps://www.bullmoose.com/p/32394667

EDIT: NVM, they are not honoring it, which I understand.

Edited by simple_torture

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

So what is the group's thoughts on the album?

To me, it sounds very Cave and Ellis and not very bad seeds. I do not see much replay in value on this one for me. Very similar to sky and skeleton(which I enjoyed). 

I do hope we get grinderman 3 soon.

Yes, very similar to Skeleton Tree, but more stripped down. At first pass, it doesn't leave near the impression of the last two albums. That being said, hopefully it's a grower. 

5 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

So what is the group's thoughts on the album?

To me, it sounds very Cave and Ellis and not very bad seeds. I do not see much replay in value on this one for me. Very similar to sky and skeleton(which I enjoyed). 

I do hope we get grinderman 3 soon.

That is what I was afraid of. Big Nick Cave fan, but I barely listened to Skeleton.

A new Grinderman would be much appreciated. I'm just getting the feeling that he doesn't have that fire right now.

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

That is what I was afraid of. Big Nick Cave fan, but I barely listened to Skeleton.

A new Grinderman would be much appreciated. I'm just getting the feeling that he doesn't have that fire right now.

He said this year that they will do album number 3

5 hours ago, Sidney Crosley said:

I think this album is brilliant. Different from some of his other work - I may be in the minority but I prefer his slower, softer, ballady stuff. 

I love his ballads, but this just feels like I'm listening to him improvise lyrics at his therapy session. It's not terrible, nothing he does ever is, it's just not what I was hoping for, and I don't know if it will be a multiple listening record for me. I've dealt with a lot of loss in my life and sometimes it can be too much in songs that you know aren't fictional. Just like how I've only listened to Stage Four by Touche Amore once and never have to listen to it again.

This is only my first listen, so it could grow on me, but right now I'm just feeling depressed. 

9 hours ago, Sidney Crosley said:

I think this album is brilliant. Different from some of his other work - I may be in the minority but I prefer his slower, softer, ballady stuff. 

Boatman Call and No More Shall We Part was amazing song writing.  Those two  albums and even Push The Sky and Skeleton had a sort of tension to them that was amazing. This doesnt have any of that for me. This feels very ambient with alot of spoken word ala Koz. Hopefully Nick doesnt succumb to what that once great songwriter has become