Misplaced Hole in 7" Single

Hello everyone

I recently came across a 7 inch single that has a misplaced hole situated to the right of the label's centre, where it is usually located. As far as I'm aware there is no method of playing this record without potentially damaging the needle of my record player, as well as the record itself.

Should I throw it away? Should I keep it? Is it worth anything because of this error? 

Please let me know.

Thanks for reading.

12 minutes ago, Spiritdance1995 said:

I forgot to mention, this record has a large hole that requires a centre spindle adapter

Just don’t use an adapter, and center it on the platter. You could put another 7” (with a small spindle hole) on top as a guide to help center it. 

1 hour ago, AsleepOnRocks said:

I've seen noise artists do this on purpose before. Two separate holes got two different listening "experiences". Is it possible that it's something like that?

kinda hard to speculate without knowing the artist and song(s) here, honestly. maybe OP could provide this info or look into it themselves?

Edited by copelandkid
bad at grammar