PO: The Sheila Divine - New Parade (FINALLY) Very Limited

I don't know if any of you even know who these guys are, but if you do, you probably want to get this. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? I think so. Been waiting for this on vinyl ever since it came out in '99 and it is now available for the first time. The vinyl version comes with some extras and is limited to 400.

EDIT: New Parade is sold out and this link will take you to their newest record. https://thesheiladivine.bandcamp.com/

Edited by lexicondevil

1 hour ago, Sanspants said:

I wonder what they had to do, if anything to get the rights from Roadrunner. Also, their original post said limited to 300. Very stoked for this. 

I couldn't remember if it was 400 or 300. Yeah, I was wondering what they had to do to get the rights. This seems to be self-released and I doubt it will ever be repressed. This is an underappreciated 90's gem that should have gotten a lot more exposure.

If you guys don’t have the self-titled EP that came before this, I highly recommend that. All five tracks are in this album, but they’re earlier versions. They almost sound like demos, a lot rougher and less polished than the full length versions, but I actually prefer them that way.

That EP is CD only, unfortunately, and I’d be shocked if it ever got a vinyl release but who knows?

On 9/25/2019 at 3:55 PM, unknown pleasures said:

If you guys don’t have the self-titled EP that came before this, I highly recommend that. All five tracks are in this album, but they’re earlier versions. They almost sound like demos, a lot rougher and less polished than the full length versions, but I actually prefer them that way.

That EP is CD only, unfortunately, and I’d be shocked if it ever got a vinyl release but who knows?

I actually prefer the New Parade versions, but there is a nice rawness to those demos that kind of sound a little Sunny Day at times. They may end up on this release as it will come with "rarities".

Edited by lexicondevil

• 2 months later...

The presentation of this record is tops. More than I'd hoped for. The only thing I wish they included was maybe some anecdotes about the early days and also a lyric sheet. Very thankful I was able to get this. They shipped it with their new record and since there was no inner cardboard, that one has a dinged corner, but no big deal. The sound is clean, but I had to turn down my treble during some of the louder cymbal crashing parts.