PO: Avett Brothers- Closer Than Together

2 hours ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

I can definitely say that there will be a deluxe box of some sort, but can't be certain that it is this roughly 50 dollar version.

Interesting. It is strange that they aren't explaining what the product is with a price this high. I'll wait until I can order a $20-25 standard version.

• 2 months later...

Through the Avett Guild, a pre-order is available until 12/13/19, 9 a.m. EST. 

Says December 2019 release, shipping begins 12/14.

2xLP 180 G, colored vinyl: one red and one aqua. List price is $44 but guild discount gets that to $35.20 US. Downside, shipping is only priority ($12), so the total gets right back to just under $50 US.

-Cut for LP by Chris Bellman

-Pressed at QRP

LP jacket:

-Die-Cut, Six-Panel/Tri-fold Design

-12″×36″ Interior Collage

-18pt (365 gsm) Textured Paper

-Printed with 3 Spot Pantone Colors

-100% Recycled, Made in USA Paper

More expensive bundles also available with T-shirt & DVD; T-shirt OR DVD.

More updates:

"there may be a delay in your Closer Than Together Vinyl LP order. Although today is the scheduled release date, we have have yet to receive our stock in its entirety. Also, a portion of what was received was damaged and we must await replacements. We want to make sure that everyone receives a pristine copy. We are shipping what we can and orders placed first will ship first. We are awaiting updates from Universal Music but please know that as soon as the rest of the LPs arrive to us, the remaining orders will ship out ASAP."

1 hour ago, Oilerguy said:

Does anyone know if the coloured version will show up in stores?  I'd really like this, but not paying nearly $100 USD to get one.

Thanks!

From what I've read, the colored press is the only vinyl edition right now and it is being sold in shops and online through other vendors like Amazon and Bullmoose. As far as I know, no standard black. Don't know about Canadian shops, but you should be able to find a copy.  Amazon.ca has it up for preorder 55 CAD w/ free shipping.

Just dropping in to share something interesting I learned.

In Scott Avett's episode of This Must Be the Gig podcast, he shared that he was into stuff like Korn and Deftones in highschool and that it was the kind of music that he played in bands at the time. He also shared that he picked up the banjo as kind of a lark (although it was likely a natural fit given that he was into that sort of stuff as a kid and grew up in western-ish NC) to be a contrarian. But the biggest revelation that was news to me was him crediting Mike Patton as being the single biggest artistic influence on him. As a huge Patton fan and a fan of the Avetts (albeit not as rabid post-I and Love and You) I found this to be incredibly cool. The episode is definitely worth a listen.

3 hours ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

he shared that he was into stuff like Korn and Deftones in highschool and that it was the kind of music that he played in bands at the time.

Makes sense. They had a punk rock band before they started The Avett Bros.

Edited by wiscodeman

• 3 weeks later...

Is there anyone who owns this that can give any possible reasons why it cost double what the rest of the Avett catalog does? Does elaborate packaging or extras make it worth $50? I own most of the Avett discography, but paid around $25 for each LP as others have said. At this point planning to wait and see if I am able to purchase a cheaper used copy at some point in the future.