PO NOW : Eazy-E - It's On 187um Killa

18 minutes ago, ZeroNowhere said:

I'm assuming this is an unauthorized release.

It could be. It does say " Official SIC & Ruthless curated release". Hopefully it's legit, but it does look suspect. Crossing my fingers and ready for a Paypal claim.SIC & RUTHLESS CURATED RELEASE.OFFICIAL SIC & RUTHLESS CURATED RELEASE.

12 hours ago, Faucet said:

that back cover is terrible. anyone have any experience with these guys? i've gotten ripped off way too many times with these underground bandcamp labels, but I do really want this.

I've bought some stuff from them before, both LP and cassette, and can vouch for them. It takes them a LONG time to ship shit (as they usually have items up as preorder a few months ahead of time) but as long as it doesn't sell out, you can always wait for them to say they have the copies in hand and are shipping them soon.

I got the DJ Screw - Stressed Out on LP and it did come with some light marks from poor handling already, but it sounds pretty damn good. Their tapes are fantastic as well, sound even better than the LPs. Their back covers have always been painfully minimal (to put it nicely) but I have nothing but good experiences with them.

Plus, I do believe it's all legit, as they've posted videos of the artists involved talking about the reissues before.

55 minutes ago, innersleeve said:

Just gonna say that I’ve had $130 worth of orders with this guy since May that haven’t been shipped, and emailing him isn’t productive. Proceed with caution. 

I got through to him on Instagram pretty quick. Try that out. If anything I'll just cancel thru PayPal if it doesn't show up. 

On 10/10/2019 at 10:56 PM, Faucet said:

that back cover is terrible. anyone have any experience with these guys? i've gotten ripped off way too many times with these underground bandcamp labels, but I do really want this.

Truly. I didn't recall what the original looked like but had a quick look at the 12" and CD on Discogs. Not sure why it's completely different and they had to throw a totally different font in there.

On 10/11/2019 at 4:55 PM, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Let me just say: I feel dumb as fuck paying $40 for a fucking EP.

37 minutes makes for a pretty long EP, although this is hip-hop we're talking about. Either way, that's still expensive even if it was a longer LP.

1 minute ago, jeromium said:

Truly. I didn't recall what the original looked like but had a quick look at the 12" and CD on Discogs. Not sure why it's completely different and they had to throw a totally different font in there.

37 minutes makes for a pretty long EP, although this is hip-hop we're talking about. Either way, that's still expensive even if it was a longer LP.

Yeah, I had to check the run-time. If it had been under 30 minutes I'd have immediately noped. I still feel silly getting it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 4:05 PM, innersleeve said:

Just gonna say that I’ve had $130 worth of orders with this guy since May that haven’t been shipped, and emailing him isn’t productive. Proceed with caution. 

I hit him up on Instagram because there was a sold out record I wanted... It was Dreamworld by Blackout and he said he still had a few copies left. he sent one out to me the next day, just got it today. (there's two left on the site, pick it up asap if anyone's interested at all in 90s Memphis rap) but for you innersleeve I'd hit him up on Instagram and see what's up with your order. 

Edited by pizza face

Agree that this is one of the greatest EPs of all time, and includes one of the greatest intros of all time.  All the way Down 2 Tha Last Roach, front to back, rapid fire bangers.  I remember taking two vacations to LA when I was between 13 & 16, circa 1994-1996, and we didn't vacation much [at least far away].  Being from Minnesota, we definitely didn't have hip-hop/rap radio stations or anything of the kind.  With no internet, all of this was really spread through word of mouth.  Crazy to think about...  But anyways, (probably on 92.3 The Beat I'm guessing) they played all this stuff.  I remember hearing It's On, and thinking that was so cool hearing it on an actual radio station.

It's On was supposed to be the first single, and I wanna say this EP was set to be released before Real Muthaphukkin G's was even recorded.  I forget how/why it came about, but I found super fascinating to learn that Eazy-E met B.G. Knocc-Out and Dresta the day that song was recorded.  In the studio.  Literally picked up from the Compton streets, brought to the studio, and first thing they did was jump in the booth & fire off those (at least in my mind) legendary verses.  Eazy loved it, and was on board with those boys from that point.  If you guys are interested in this stuff too, youtube DJ Vlad's interviews with them.  They tell all the stories, and if you guys are anything like me, you'll be glued to it.

I always thought B.G. Knocc-Out and Dresta were very underrated.  They killed it on this EP.  Has anybody heard their solo album Real Brothas?  Fucking great West Coast G-funk flavor.  That should've been a huge album, I thought.  

I would love to see what they all would have done, especially with Bone coming into the fray a year or so later, had Eazy never died.  

13 hours ago, verb1999 said:

With no internet, all of this was really spread through word of mouth.  Crazy to think about...  But anyways, (probably on 92.3 The Beat I'm guessing) they played all this stuff.  I remember hearing It's On, and thinking that was so cool hearing it on an actual radio station.

I’m going to disagree with this. Boyz n the hood was nominated for an Oscar.  The music videos were on MTV.  NWA was in the news. Magazines covered them. National record distribution. 

this was hardly word of mouth. 

Oh no, I'm sorry, I meant to say I was speaking on my personal experience(s), as a preteen/young teenager, far far away from the CPT, in a suburb of Minneapolis.  Nobody I knew had those magazines.  Not that I paid too much attention to the Minneapolis/St Paul newspapers, but I never saw anything about N.W.A.  No cable TV in my house.  I was introduced to all of this music from kids at school.  And moreso, I was high when I wrote that, and just deep in thought about how that all worked before the internet existed.  Whether it was word of mouth on the playground, newspaper, The Box, whatever the case.  We all didn't have access to it universally, together, in our pockets.