PO Now: Queens of the Stone Age Reissues - Songs for the Deaf, Rated R, Era Vulgaris

1 hour ago, OU818 said:

I wonder if these are all Bernie Grundman masters like VMP? Cautiously optimistic on sound quality 

I'm interested to know this as well. Waiting to find out more info before any decisions. I have the OG press of LTP and getting the VMP variant of SFTD, but would like that 12" press of EV if the sound quality is good. I've heard the 3x10" version isn't great.

1 hour ago, ejc625 said:

I’ve got the MOV version of LTP. Don’t see a reason for double dipping here. 

The MOV version doesn't have "Infinity" or "Precious and Grace". The latter being a ZZ Top cover with Billy Gibbons splitting vocal duties with Mark Lanegan and trading off guitar solos with Josh. That song alone was worth what I paid for the OG press haha.

Or you could try to find ZZ Top's Tres Hombres in the dollar bin and live with the non Mark & Josh original lol

Edit: Also, "Like a Drug" is up in the tracklist rather than tacked on the end like a bonus track.

Edited by wiscodeman

1 hour ago, wiscodeman said:

I'm interested to know this as well. Waiting to find out more info before any decisions. I have the OG press of LTP and getting the VMP variant of SFTD, but would like that 12" press of EV if the sound quality is good. I've heard the 3x10" version isn't great.

I have the Era Vulgaris 10" and it is complete garbage. I've always skipped the "Rated X" pressing of R because word has always been that it's even worse.

2 hours ago, OU818 said:

I have the Era Vulgaris 10" and it is complete garbage. I've always skipped the "Rated X" pressing of R because word has always been that it's even worse.

It was but it had a mystery Euro press that showed up a few years ago. 

https://www.discogs.com/Queens-Of-The-Stone-Age-Rated-R-X-Rated/release/6323619

This is great sounding release

3 hours ago, larshj said:

Great price! This is where I eventually attained my RSD The Crow soundtrack. Great packing! Thx!

9 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

It was but it had a mystery Euro press that showed up a few years ago. 

https://www.discogs.com/Queens-Of-The-Stone-Age-Rated-R-X-Rated/release/6323619

This is great sounding release

I can confirm this,  no reason for me to grab the new blue cover variant

I was going to pass on these reissues since I own all the OPs ...

But as I am re-visiting Era Vulgaris (aside from being a labor-intensive spin) I forgot the inner locking rings are UNDER the center labels. It's got me running through the house after two songs. Oh shit! Haha.

I'll probably be picking up the 12" pressing for listening now.

Bull Moose for me:

Rated R

Era Vulgaris

Songs For the Deaf (Black Vinyl)

Lullabies to Paralyze

Pre-ordered the first two. May go back if I can’t get the VMP, or if the money gets better.

Free shipping, and some attention to detail when shipping just win it for me!

Edited by Plarocks

• 2 weeks later...

VMP is shady as fuck.  This URL takes you to sign up for the Record of the Month.  If you're a new user, your only option is the 3-month subscription.  If you're an older member or had a previous subscription, it's my understanding that you're supposed to be able to purchase just 1 month.  However, that URL doesn't work when you're logged in as a "grandfathered" member.  All it does is redirect you to the webstore.  Sign in as a new member though?  Instant access to a 3-month plan.

If you try to get sneaky and click the giant blue Re-Activate Your Subscription button – which specifically notes a $25 cost – you're then taken to a screen where you select the "track" [record] of the month.  Selecting QOTSA takes you to this error page:

Oh dear, something has gone wrong!

We're most likely already on the case, so it should be fixed soon.

Absolutely no way that this isn't deliberate.

10 minutes ago, jhulud said:

They know people are chomping at the bit for that QOTSA record so they’ll reel them all in & hook them with the 3-month sub. They ain’t stupid. 

That was my first thought as well but I think I've found a workaround for anyone in a similar boat.  If you had a prior subscription, select the 3-month plan and choose QOTSA as your ROTM for November.  You should then be able to immediately go into your Account settings and change the 3-month term to 1-month, for $29.  Once saved, you can actually verify the amount and charge date from your Account page, off to the left.  (Mine shows an upcoming charge of $29 on 11/01.)