PO Now: Queens of the Stone Age Reissues - Songs for the Deaf, Rated R, Era Vulgaris

3 hours ago, negavinyl said:

Welp, guess I’m signing up to be notified of leftovers. Is that a thing that actually tends to happen? Or no?

if there are leftovers they will probably price SOTD around $40+ so signing up for 3 months for 81 bucks isn't that bad of a deal if you can find two other records you want

On 10/24/2019 at 7:13 PM, Derek™ said:

That was my first thought as well but I think I've found a workaround for anyone in a similar boat.  If you had a prior subscription, select the 3-month plan and choose QOTSA as your ROTM for November.  You should then be able to immediately go into your Account settings and change the 3-month term to 1-month, for $29.  Once saved, you can actually verify the amount and charge date from your Account page, off to the left.  (Mine shows an upcoming charge of $29 on 11/01.)

Hey man, you seem to know your way around this VMP craziness.
I have previously held out on singing up, but may dive in for SFTD.

Would I be able to grab Demon Days as a swap with the 3 month plan?

Honestly most of the stuff they press isn't all that interesting to me.

I see it on their web-store but I notice its like 38$ compared to the lower prices for other releases. 

I never understand the bashing a record club for acting like a record club.  Of course they want you to subscribe. 

As mentioned before, leftovers will probably be around $40 in the store so your best bet is a 3 month sub (which actually makes the VMP version cheaper than the standard when you look at the per month price) and then swap your other 2 months if you don't like the picks.

1 hour ago, V3XED said:

Hey man, you seem to know your way around this VMP craziness.
I have previously held out on singing up, but may dive in for SFTD.

Would I be able to grab Demon Days as a swap with the 3 month plan?

Honestly most of the stuff they press isn't all that interesting to me.

I see it on their web-store but I notice its like 38$ compared to the lower prices for other releases. 

Your question wasn’t directed at me, but currently Demon Days is a swap option. The caveat being that if it sold out between now and the time of swap you could miss out. I believe it’s been hanging around for a while though.

38 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Just pre-ordered SFTD and RR from bestbuy.com. I don't feel good about it but it was the cheapest overall option.

By the way, SFTD is about $11 cheaper on bestbuy.com than most places. RR is about $1.00 more expensive.

I got SFTD for the same price on Amazon.
Also, I strongly advise nobody ever give any money to best buy for any reason whatsoever. 

36 minutes ago, V3XED said:

Also, I strongly advise nobody ever give any money to best buy for any reason whatsoever. 

I won't ever again. They gave me a time frame of 8-12 for a TV dropoff/delivery and the dudes never showed and never contacted me. Had to contact 2 different customer service centers and they didn't show until 14:30 and never made an effort to let me know they were late. Trash company with trash employees who all act like they hate their life.

1 hour ago, V3XED said:

I got SFTD for the same price on Amazon.

I'd advise the same for Amazon whom I try to avoid like the plague but in reality even Best Buy transactions are probably tied to Amazon in some way.

8 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I'd advise the same for Amazon whom I try to avoid like the plague but in reality even Best Buy transactions are probably tied to Amazon in some way.

Yeah, I am not winning any morality points here.
Both companies treat their employees poorly, the difference is best buy also seems to have active disdain for their customers as well. 

4 minutes ago, V3XED said:

Yeah, I am not winning any morality points here.
Both companies treat their employees poorly, the difference is best buy also seems to have active disdain for their customers as well. 

I'm unfamiliar with the issues at Best Buy in terms of customer service. I believe their Geek Squad sector is an ethical nightmare and complete scam but outside of that, I've never had any other problems with them as a customer. I've been looking into their facility standards but haven't come up with anything yet. Poorly defined search terms is probably all it is.

At the very least, Best Buy has staved off a complete absorption and takeover by Darth Bezos so I feel somewhat good about that but its probably not much better in terms of employee conditions. I really wanted to order from Amoeba but the coupon is expired and its like $10 more. Plus, I'm a little scared of there being a sellout of these titles before they hit brick and mortar.

• 2 weeks later...