PO Now: Queens of the Stone Age Reissues - Songs for the Deaf, Rated R, Era Vulgaris

1 hour ago, spaceghost said:

That’s the thing. VMP publicized on their site that it was cut by BGM and pressed at Pallas. I think people also have posted that it has the ! In the dead wax. I’m just trying to see if the standard edition is the same run, which would mean it is also. 

On Reddit a VMP rep said they were mistaken and they had just been working with the information they'd been given. 

Looks to be a stevehoffman forum thread about it in which CB has responded 

43 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

On Reddit a VMP rep said they were mistaken and they had just been working with the information they'd been given. 

Looks to be a stevehoffman forum thread about it in which CB has responded 

Dude we have mentioned this several times already. If you expand that CB reply the queens record is actual the selftitled.  Hence the confusion on what he actually responded to.

3 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

Dude we have mentioned this several times already. If you expand that CB reply the queens record is actual the selftitled.  Hence the confusion on what he actually responded to.

Ah, right on. I may have misread something along the line.

That said, my understanding was that Chris always puts his CB in the deadwax, and that the ! meant it was someone else who had handled it (his assistant it seems in this case) and since the ! appears on both S/T and SFTD, and he has stated he did not take care of S/T that meant he also didn't handle SFTD. This also seems to be the consensus of the other folks in that Steve Hoffman forum, and the reddit thread.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

17 hours ago, nycmale said:

Grabbed one as well, thank you!
Too bad I missed the cancellation window on my amazon order. Though at 24$ I don't feel too upset about it.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, morfiend said:

Cranked the VMP edition the other day and it sounds fantastic. I couldn't be happier with the sound and the packaging is really cool too. It was a long time coming but this release was well worth the wait.

I just can't believe it took VMP to shake Interscope up off its ass and get this reissued. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.