Hi,

Just wanted to post about the furniture I make. I've been making these for 5 years now and have not had any issues until lately. Over the past few months Amazon, Target, Walmart etc.. have been upping their Monopolies online, mainly Amazon.  Now, I can not find my stuff online.  Figured I would come to the source and show ya'll my stuff. I make flip forward style browsing vinyl storage stands, record player stands and audio racks.  Thanks DK

Thanks DKspacer.png

Some constructive criticism here:

1) Where do people buy or order your furniture? This is a rather vague post and jab at "monopolies," but you leave no indication of a website to view your work or order anything.

2) What exactly can you custom build? Be specific here: "Hey! I can build storage cubes for your 2,000 LPs" or "Need a custom 7-inch box? I can do those too!" Also, maybe touch on what materials you use and why.

3) What's the pricing?

4) Where are you based out of?* Do you ship and how much would it cost someone (based on the piece)?

5) Take. Better. Photographs. Holy hell. Ditch the fucking Instagram filters and use better (or more) lighting. Get the full piece in the photo and avoid distracting shit in the background.

*I see the Genesee neon light, so I can only guess you are based in Western NY.

Edited by angryalan

13 minutes ago, angryalan said:

Some constructive criticism here:

1) Where do people buy or order your furniture? This is a rather vague post and jab at "monopolies," but you leave no indication of a website to view your work or order anything.

2) What exactly can you custom build? Be specific here: "Hey! I can build storage cubes for your 2,000 LPs" or "Need a custom 7-inch box? I can do those too!" Also, maybe touch on what materials you use and why.

3) What's the pricing?

4) Where are you based out of?* Do you ship and how much would it cost someone (based on the piece)?

5) Take. Better. Photographs. Holy hell. Ditch the fucking Instagram filters and use better (or more) lighting. Get the full piece in the photo and avoid distracting shit in the background.

*I see the Genesee neon light, so I can only guess you are based in Western NY.

Hey,

I did not want my post to look like an ad. That's why i didn't plaster with links.

I custom build anything from a 7'' holder to an entire music room. Mainly, I build flip forward style vinyl storage stands, record player stands with the same vinyl storage and audio racks that also include vinyl storage.  Large storage stands hold up to 600 LP's. 

I use cabinet grade ply and finish it with commercial laminates, stain interiors. I also do solid veneered units.

Price varies on size and finish. Each piece is made to order to your specifications on finishes.

We are in Knoxville TN.  Prices for pick up are discounted by 50%.

This is a clients picture, hard to dictate that.

Although, I'm trying to work on my photo skills... its a learning curve

Thought this looked mighty familiar. I saw your previous posts when it linked to a website. I can offer my two cents if you want. I’ve always wanted storage like a record store, that is, flippable racks at standing level. So naturally I like some of your designs more than others. I realize it’s all customizable to the buyer’s needs or wants, and that what’s on the site are just finished designs for other previous customers, probably.  

My biggest issue is the price. I’m just a regular dude with a regular job, and although I spend thousands on records in a year, it is difficult to justify dropping 700, 800 bucks on ONE piece of furniture that holds 200 records, when I have a few thousand. I would sooner buy a few box sets, or substantially upgrade my system for that money. Especially when I can reliably buy Kallax anytime for a fraction of the price. 

I enjoy looking through - the furniture looks high quality and the designs really well thought out most of the time, so it’s fun to fantasize about owning them. I’ll just always have a better use for that kind of money. I’m probably not your target market though. If records were a passing fancy for me and I had only a couple hundred records, or enough to just fill one of your record shop style stands, I’d more strongly consider it, because I wouldn’t need anything more. But my collection grows constantly.

1 hour ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Thought this looked mighty familiar. I saw your previous posts when it linked to a website. I can offer my two cents if you want. I’ve always wanted storage like a record store, that is, flippable racks at standing level. So naturally I like some of your designs more than others. I realize it’s all customizable to the buyer’s needs or wants, and that what’s on the site are just finished designs for other previous customers, probably.  

My biggest issue is the price. I’m just a regular dude with a regular job, and although I spend thousands on records in a year, it is difficult to justify dropping 700, 800 bucks on ONE piece of furniture that holds 200 records, when I have a few thousand. I would sooner buy a few box sets, or substantially upgrade my system for that money. Especially when I can reliably buy Kallax anytime for a fraction of the price. 

I enjoy looking through - the furniture looks high quality and the designs really well thought out most of the time, so it’s fun to fantasize about owning them. I’ll just always have a better use for that kind of money. I’m probably not your target market though. If records were a passing fancy for me and I had only a couple hundred records, or enough to just fill one of your record shop style stands, I’d more strongly consider it, because I wouldn’t need anything more. But my collection grows constantly.

Hey Brother,

Thanks for your feed back. 

Just a regular dude here. Trying to work from home. 

I have lots of models. I got pieces in that price range that hold 600 records. Really depends on the model. I've added a lot of new models. Although, packaging is 1/3 of all my costs. My first year, I had a few damaged in shipping. Not one in the past four years, knock knock. I take as much care into packaging as I do construction and its pricey. With that said, most of my models are discounted by 50%, for pick up. That should give you a clear picture of the labor and cost of shipping to ensure a safe delivery. 

But for Large collectors, we are probably not a solution to store a Large collection. But up to 1000, we can make some killer stuff. 

My favorite new models are our record player stands and audio racks. 

I think everybody can get down with them. they all hold about 400 LP's on average. In flip forward browsing. Think about these for a current rotation and audio stands. Then you got your player at the perfect height(custom) and your browsing vinyl at a convenient height too. And you get it all custom designed to your specifications and components. 

sold you yet?

hahaha

Thanks again brother.

Let me know what you think about the new stuff

DK