Turntable Stand

I'm going to be super honest with you right now, and please take it as constructive criticism, not me being a jerk:

What is unique about this compared to any other vinyl display/turntable rest? There is nothing in this design to make it stand out from anything else, or even from something I could make in my own garage for less than what you're charging.

Additionally, most folks around here appreciate if you've been a member/contributed to the boards for a while before you come in here trying to hawk your wares.

Its unique because it has classic record store style flip forward browsing, shows off your cover art, is made to your specifications. That includes the player platform, the finish(which combinations are endless), depth which determines LP storage amount and the height. 

I'm not really sure how that is remotely similar to anything on the market. Ikea?

Most people could make anything less for what they can buy it. But, time my friend. I'm not sure most people are carpenters with experience in commercial laminates??

Its my second weekend here. been interactive. just wanted to share this to the community. thought vinyl collectors might like something designed for vinyl collectors.  I have not in any way tried to 'hawk' anything. 

I posted for opinions. Got yours. Thanks

15 minutes ago, dkvinyldisplays said:

I have not in any way tried to 'hawk' anything. 

Don't do that, man. Your icon is a logo, and you've shared your website where you sell these. That's your goal, right? That's fine and all and I don't want to sound excluding, because I sincerely DO like what you build - but this is a community of enthusiasts and not really an entrepreneur's playground. Self advertising is frowned upon. If you must peddle, could you at least keep it to one thread? Please do not make a thread every time you build something.

As Randy Savage said, people would be more inclined to take notice or chat it up if you've been around a while or contributed anything towards vinyl discussion, but you're brand new, so. Do you like records? If so, what kind? 

11 minutes ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Don't do that, man. Your icon is a logo, and you've shared your website where you sell these. That's your goal, right? That's fine and all and I don't want to sound excluding, because I sincerely DO like what you build - but this is a community of enthusiasts and not really an entrepreneur's playground. Self advertising is frowned upon. If you must peddle, could you at least keep it to one thread? Please do not make a thread every time you build something.

As Randy Savage said, people would be more inclined to take notice or chat it up if you've been around a while or contributed anything towards vinyl discussion, but you're brand new, so. Do you like records? If so, what kind? 

Hey man,

My icon is my logo for my shop, that sells vinyl furniture, that was inspired by my love of music and vinyl and is how I wake up and go to sleep.  

I have a website where i sell these. This is a forum for discussions. This is posted to 'turntables and other equipment'. This is equipment for Vinyl. 

I don't hide who I am, obviously. I thought this was the most appropriate place to discuss this type of product. Just like vinyl, turntable, speakers, etc would be.

As you know I've been active the last week, in conversations, reply's and posts. How can I be active and not be Me?

'Hawk', 'Peddle', 'Entrepreneurs playground', 'Advertising'???  thats kinda rude

I'm here to find like minded people to discuss everything related to music and vinyl.

like i just PO Dessert Sessions 11&12.

When it arrives, im gonna open it, put it on my player, put the cover up top, in a stand just like this, jam out and stare at the cover.

1 hour ago, dkvinyldisplays said:

Its unique because it has classic record store style flip forward browsing, shows off your cover art, is made to your specifications. That includes the player platform, the finish(which combinations are endless), depth which determines LP storage amount and the height. 

I'm not really sure how that is remotely similar to anything on the market. Ikea?

Most people could make anything less for what they can buy it. But, time my friend. I'm not sure most people are carpenters with experience in commercial laminates??

Its my second weekend here. been interactive. just wanted to share this to the community. thought vinyl collectors might like something designed for vinyl collectors.  I have not in any way tried to 'hawk' anything. 

I posted for opinions. Got yours. Thanks

It seems like you did exactly what I said not to do and took this as a personal attack. That's not what it was meant to be.

There are plenty of people out there who make classic "record store style" flip forward browsing. Do you think no one else has come here to try to sell the exact same sort of storage solutions? I'm a little concerned that you think IKEA is the only other place to get any sort of record storage.

I was just wondering what differentiates you from other folks who make similar furniture, and I hoped you had some sort of novel idea to talk about, or that the materials you used were special in some way that might make people say, "Oh, this guy has a great idea, maybe I'll buy one of his items instead of Joe down the street who is doing the same thing."

You've mostly interacted with the multiple threads you've made to direct people to your website and drum up business and you made that...interesting post in best/worst distros which is fine, but as has already been said, folks around here really don't take too kindly to people jumping in and immediately starting to self-promote.

Aaaaanyway, stay cool homie.

10 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

It seems like you did exactly what I said not to do and took this as a personal attack. That's not what it was meant to be.

There are plenty of people out there who make classic "record store style" flip forward browsing. Do you think no one else has come here to try to sell the exact same sort of storage solutions? I'm a little concerned that you think IKEA is the only other place to get any sort of record storage.

I was just wondering what differentiates you from other folks who make similar furniture, and I hoped you had some sort of novel idea to talk about, or that the materials you used were special in some way that might make people say, "Oh, this guy has a great idea, maybe I'll buy one of his items instead of Joe down the street who is doing the same thing."

You've mostly interacted with the multiple threads you've made to direct people to your website and drum up business and you made that...interesting post in best/worst distros which is fine, but as has already been said, folks around here really don't take too kindly to people jumping in and immediately starting to self-promote.

Aaaaanyway, stay cool homie.

I'm not sure how i can make it more clear on how my pieces are unique than attaching a picture.

I thought the 'equipment page' was to discuss equipment...

Self promote?  If, i posted my collection, turntable, etc.  would that not be self promoting. 

If you don't like it and obviously have nothing 'constructive to say...

BYE  

by my count the same TWO people wanna not 'stay cool'

5 minutes ago, dkvinyldisplays said:

I'm not sure how i can make it more clear on how my pieces are unique than attaching a picture.

I thought the 'equipment page' was to discuss equipment...

Self promote?  If, i posted my collection, turntable, etc.  would that not be self promoting. 

If you don't like it and obviously have nothing 'constructive to say...

BYE  

by my count the same TWO people wanna not 'stay cool'

Alright, dude. Not sure how to make it more clear that I was trying to be nice, but have fun. Welcome to the boards. 🙄

2 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Alright, dude. Not sure how to make it more clear that I was trying to be nice, but have fun. Welcome to the boards. 🙄

Well, maybe we are not on the same page. I'm looking for constructive criticism. Comparing it to others doesn't help. You or Apple asked me to post my website link then said 'im trying to sell something' 

I'm simply looking for people who have ideas to make my design more efficient to them. period. or those who engage normal.

peace

2 minutes ago, dkvinyldisplays said:

I'm simply looking for people who have ideas to make my design more efficient to them. period. or those who engage normal.

I mean, if that's the goal it would probably help to actually say that, you know?

Nowhere in here did you ask for any design ideas though, and when I asked you what sort of things you had to differentiate yourself from other similar designs you listed the classic design ideas many of these type of shelves have and got really defensive.

If I had new and innovative ideas about these kind of things I'd be making money off of them myself.

As far as engaging "normal," in my first post I asked you a question about what you're working on, and then gave a genuine piece of advice. I don't know what it was that made you go 0-60 over one post trying to have a conversation with you. I even went to far as to explicitly state that it was constructive criticism and that I wasn't trying to be a jerk because I know sometimes things don't translate over the internet.