PO: Beach Slang - The Deadbeat Bang of Heartbreak City

this peter pan motherfucker needs to grow up. horrible songwriting that makes me cringe. not to mention one of the douchiest live performances i have ever seen when they opened for jimmy eat world. waiting for the pitchfork article about him sending dick pics to 14 year olds.

34 minutes ago, jrodan said:

this peter pan motherfucker needs to grow up. horrible songwriting that makes me cringe. not to mention one of the douchiest live performances i have ever seen when they opened for jimmy eat world. waiting for the pitchfork article about him sending dick pics to 14 year olds.

Yikes!  I saw him live a few times and had a lot of fun.  I’m not sure why everyone shits on this band so hard with so much actual terrible music out there in the world.

6 minutes ago, curator said:

Yikes!  I saw him live a few times and had a lot of fun.  I’m not sure why everyone shits on this band so hard with so much actual terrible music out there in the world.

I think it's because most of us absolutely loved the first two EPs and don't enjoy being let down.

Also this dude is like 50

QuietSlang_interview_under_the_radar.jpg

17 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I think it's because most of us absolutely loved the first two EPs and don't enjoy being let down.

Also this dude is like 50

QuietSlang_interview_under_the_radar.jpg

I don't follow this band too closely and figured you were exaggerating about age and nope. He's definitely around 50. Holy crap.

22 hours ago, jrodan said:

That first sentence. Dead.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, crossedoutname said:

If anyone missed out on the /200 variant hit me up, listened to it last night and I’m not into it, will sell for face value plus shipping, or trades too

I listened to this earlier today, and I'm with you. Lackluster at best. I was bummed that I missed the /200 but after listening, I think my Beach Slang fanaticism has come to an end. 

Not gonna lie, this is a pretty fun album. I'll take this over that tired ass power chord stuff they've been doing at nauseum.  Sure the lead guitar stuff is just bends and swells but at least there's something there finally lol. Curious to hear what @jhulud thinks of this release.