PO: Beach Slang - The Deadbeat Bang of Heartbreak City

39 minutes ago, crossedoutname said:

Big post over on his IG, bands over

"After a lifetime of suicidal ideation..."

I like how a third person apology is also a sob story by the second sentence. There's no way he didn't write that himself. I'm glad he wasn't completely oblivious to the fact people thought his "fake music persona" was fucking weird.

3 hours ago, Shelby American said:

"After a lifetime of suicidal ideation..."

I like how a third person apology is also a sob story by the second sentence. There's no way he didn't write that himself. I'm glad he wasn't completely oblivious to the fact people thought his "fake music persona" was fucking weird.

Yea I’m not gonna read into this one much.  Seems like it’s all personal stuff.  
And the last LP and the quiet slang stuff wasn’t good.  In fact you could probably halve the first two lps into one good one by cutting out some filler.   It’s not a catalog i really revisit.  

And then shit like this happens and it’s like “well what do I do with this shit?”  And I feel like that’s been happening a lot lately.  

On 1/8/2021 at 5:15 AM, Shitty Rambo said:

Looking into the twitterverse about all this I stumbled across this hilarious bs parody band lol

https://mouthstuff.bandcamp.com/album/maybe-theres-a-reason-we-feel-the-feelings-we-feel

Holy shit this is better than the last 3 beach slang releases ! 🤣

34 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I'm a little bit lost on all these players now. Someone care to give me the short version on the Weston guys and how it's all tied in with BS James' shit?

Jesse from Weston made a statement after the shit with James came out. Basically acknowledging everything that was said and how it had been going on even in the days of Weston. Jesse also said that he no longer wishes to speak to James or the drummer Jeremiah, because apparently that dude has some alt-right leanings. The drummer made his own statement today, trying to call out Jesse for supporting James musically. It’s a whole mess of drama

28 minutes ago, tonyregret said:

Jesse from Weston made a statement after the shit with James came out. Basically acknowledging everything that was said and how it had been going on even in the days of Weston. Jesse also said that he no longer wishes to speak to James or the drummer Jeremiah, because apparently that dude has some alt-right leanings. The drummer made his own statement today, trying to call out Jesse for supporting James musically. It’s a whole mess of drama

These are grown ass men. Yikes. If you’re going to argue on the internet at least do it on a message board with a pseudonym like a normal well adjusted human,

1 minute ago, jhulud said:

Oops. I never did get around to get the last record. 

It sucked.  You didn’t miss anything.  Some of the laziest writing I’ve heard in awhile.

While completely their call, polyvinyl pulling his titles seems a bit extreme.  Everything I’ve read convicts him of being nothing more than a total fuck.  No Ryan Adams, Gary Glitter level shit here.  Maybe I missed something or his shit wasn’t selling anymore anyway.

1 hour ago, Dub said:

It sucked.  You didn’t miss anything.  Some of the laziest writing I’ve heard in awhile.

While completely their call, polyvinyl pulling his titles seems a bit extreme.  Everything I’ve read convicts him of being nothing more than a total fuck.  No Ryan Adams, Gary Glitter level shit here.  Maybe I missed something or his shit wasn’t selling anymore anyway.

I think without a doubt James is emotionally abusive and an asshole in general.  To me that’s enough for a record label to not want you to be part of their label anymore.  

now it means you’ll have to be consistent with that approach to everyone you sign from this point forward.  But I don’t see a problem with that.  

48 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

I think without a doubt James is emotionally abusive and an asshole in general.  To me that’s enough for a record label to not want you to be part of their label anymore.  

now it means you’ll have to be consistent with that approach to everyone you sign from this point forward.  But I don’t see a problem with that.  

Not a new thing for Polyvinyl. They pulled a well-reviewed record just before release because of a similar incident like 2 years ago now. It worked so well I can't remember that bands name despite ordering the record haha

42 minutes ago, Shelby American said:

Not a new thing for Polyvinyl. They pulled a well-reviewed record just before release because of a similar incident like 2 years ago now. It worked so well I can't remember that bands name despite ordering the record haha

PWR BTTM. dude did get accused of  sexual assault which is worse but this Beach Slang guy’s shit shouldn’t be tolerated either. Polyvinyl isn’t the type of label to look the other way in the pursuit of profit so this trend will be easy for them to continue.