Kickstarter: 10" Vinyl Lathe "Phonocut"

13 hours ago, SNEAKORDS said:

automated realtime EQing and mastering while cutting $10 10" blanks. I'm sure this will not be terrible. 

I'm not sure it won't either, but the marketing is at least hilarious. Image of guy at sound board at a tiny outdoor local concert cutting to a 10". Because we all definitely need that preserved.

i know the cutting engineer behind it, Flo Kauffmann, he is a crazy dude but if he's involved.. it will be good.. id love to know what happened to the DRC .. that guys just disappeared .. also keep an eye out for an Aussie guy name James Sillitoe .. he will release a desktop cutter soonish too... if anyone is apart of lathetrolls  you will know that people pay STUPID amounts for 1920's mono cutters  ... so the demand is definitely there  

2 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

The amount of horrible lathe cuts from even more horrible bands that will be flooding the market in 12 months time will be mind boggling.

I would not ever bet money that a Kickstarter product will exist within 12 months but I agree with the sentiment.

"Limited to one copy" Back to CDs I go

1 hour ago, OU818 said:

I would not ever bet money that a Kickstarter product will exist within 12 months but I agree with the sentiment.

"Limited to one copy" Back to CDs I go

I realize I was really giving them the benefit of the doubt. This is more likely to be vaporware with delay after delay after delay in the true Kickstarter tradition. 

2 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

I realize I was really giving them the benefit of the doubt. This is more likely to be vaporware with delay after delay after delay in the true Kickstarter tradition. 

DRC was exactly the same .. people forked out $8k for the machine! which 5 backers did... Luckily for the 5 backers they received their money back .. all other pledges did not... good ol kick starter

17 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

My favorite one was one I funded for a smart bike lock. They kept saying like "oh we had issues" then "Yay! we got FCC Compliance for the Bluetooth stuff" then "Oh yeah this product doesn't exist." Everyone got their refund, but essentially since Kickstarter hadn't changed their rules yet, all indicators are that the guy took it as a 3.5 Million dollar loan with no interest, started another company, and then returned the loan.

On 10/18/2019 at 5:04 PM, Plarocks said:

The one project I would want to make with this, I could not even do because I want it as a double TWELVE INCH LP. This only does 10-inches.

Also, the ONLY input is a phone jack? Seriously?

Even a cassette deck has an RCA input. 🤪

cant make it too useful! imagine all the bootleg tests!!!