PO Now: Whirr - Feels Like You (out on oct 31)

12 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Meaning?

I assume that you're a fan of the Germs.  Darby was known to extol the virtues of fascism.  The armbands were clearly Nazi inspired.  The original cover of the "Lexicon Devil" literally had Hitler on it.  It seems a bit over the line that you draw at fascists, yet you're into it enough to name yourself after them.  It's ironic.

54 minutes ago, xxmartinxx said:

I assume that you're a fan of the Germs.  Darby was known to extol the virtues of fascism.  The armbands were clearly Nazi inspired.  The original cover of the "Lexicon Devil" literally had Hitler on it.  It seems a bit over the line that you draw at fascists, yet you're into it enough to name yourself after them.  It's ironic.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, xxmartinxx said:

This is why I love Joy Division so much. They simply wanted to be associated with the happiest word in the English dictionary; no dark connotations of any sort...

1 hour ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Sure Crash said he supported fascism, but part of him was aping Bowie’s comment on it in an interview and do we actually know if he was being anything but ironic???

Considering the extent to which he used fascist imagery, I think it's reasonable to assume he was not being ironic. 

3 hours ago, xxmartinxx said:

He definitely flirted with fascist imagery. I think that's different than actually being a fascist. Darby was an insane kid who was interested in many idealogies, while trying to forge his own artistic identity, but I've never read anything that made me think he was a Nazi. When he came back from England he had his hair in a mohawk because he got so into Adam and the Ants. Either way, like I already said, we all decide our own tolerances. I'm not expecting all artists I like to be great people. I still love the Misfits and Danzig is a little dick. Being a metal fan, I struggle with that all of the time.  Either way, I don't give a fuck. Like what you like. I wasn't, way back in the thread, trying to convince anyone to not like Whirr. I just almost bought it and then remembered that I only liked Distressor and then I remembered about the bullshit that went down. Move on.

Edited by lexicondevil

a little disappointed to have missed the opportunity to purchase, but that's the way things go these days. i'm glad most folks have welcomed them back (the speed the lp sold out seems evidence enough) after their self-induced fiasco, i figured they would've remained on nearly everyone else's shit-list forever. i certainly won't be paying flipper prices for FLY, but hopefully the band sees the benefit in doing another press or a cassette version. there's really no point to this post, i don't know what i'm doing here. 

On 10/30/2019 at 4:51 PM, xxmartinxx said:

And the back cover is an antifascist cartoon. My wife used to drive a VW. Should I punch her?