PO Now: Whirr - Feels Like You (out on oct 31)

Got mine today, listening now. So far it's definitely good, but not my favorite from them. Feels like it lacks some of the punch from earlier albums. Again, still good, but something feels lacking.

Edit: they've won me back now. The urgency and raw power of some of the other albums isn't there, but there is some really deliberately gentle/subtle stuff that just destroys.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

8 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Got mine today, listening now. So far it's definitely good, but not my favorite from them. Feels like it lacks some of the punch from earlier albums. Again, still good, but something feels lacking.

Edit: they've won me back now. The urgency and raw power of some of the other albums isn't there, but there is some really deliberately gentle/subtle stuff that just destroys.

They perfected the shimmering guitar. I know exactly what you mean though I felt very similar, but as a goodbye it feels fantastic. I just put Blue on when I miss that feel from them now and it will always work.

7 hours ago, Just Us said:

Seriously, I'm willing to pay the double of the initial price if someone thinks about selling.

You won't get a deal that good lol. I said earlier in the thread this would instantly cost triple digits when it sold out and I think I may be right. The first copy that shows up on Ebay will set the bar though so I'd wait a week or two for that.

21 minutes ago, ethereal said:

If the handpoured versions of past releases never reached those amounts, neither will this.

people can ask however much they want but this shit ain’t selling for “triple digits” despite your gatekeeping 

This. I imagine prices will eventually drop within a couple of months. People will just have to be willing to wait it out. 

53 minutes ago, ethereal said:

If the handpoured versions of past releases never reached those amounts, neither will this.

people can ask however much they want but this shit ain’t selling for “triple digits” despite your gatekeeping 

Gatekeeping? Lol one figures you'd understand the hobby by now. Rare variants of a record that is readily available does not compare to a record that isn't available at all. It's not rocket science.

13 minutes ago, Saxonjulin said:

Exactly, everyone freaking out over this. When has Whirr ever pressed 1 variant? But by all means throw money at it and be dumb. Ill be laughing my ass off in the corner saying I told you so when it gets another press

Not saying it will or won’t happen but let’s not forget that Whirr wasn’t in charge of handling the pressing/shipping out of ANY of their previous records. Of course if a record label burns through a pressing and the demand for more exists then they are going to monetize that opportunity.  The band themselves are trolls and currently probably love that people are whining about missing out.