PO Now: Whirr - Feels Like You (out on oct 31)

new page, new offer. my copy played through perfectly, btw.

if anyone with a numbered copy w/ postcard wants to trade me for my unnumbered copy and a copy of starflyer 59 - gold (on black or gold vinyl, your choice) hit me up. sorry in advance for purists annoyed by me posting this offer here, but i figure there is a better chance of someone seeing it here than the sales/trade portion of the board.

50 minutes ago, jrodan said:

new page, new offer. my copy played through perfectly, btw.

if anyone with a numbered copy w/ postcard wants to trade me for my unnumbered copy and a copy of starflyer 59 - gold (on black or gold vinyl, your choice) hit me up. sorry in advance for purists annoyed by me posting this offer here, but i figure there is a better chance of someone seeing it here than the sales/trade portion of the board.

On 11/1/2019 at 1:57 PM, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Fuck off, dude. Go count down the order numbers on Whirr's website to make sure you got that super special scrap of paper. We all know the losers who didn't get it are just posers.

22 hours ago, jrodan said:

Someone trade me their numbered copy with postcard. You still get the album on vinyl plus some cash or other records. Clearly you’re less of an idiot than I am and don’t need a number and postcard to feel complete (I am that idiot), so make this happen. 

My record just arrived today, giving it a first listen right now. The vinyl itself is beautiful, and musically the band have done a great job, I can already tell that I’m going to like this way more than I did Sway. Only problem is the vinyl is pretty noisy, lots of tics and pops which is a shame for for a brand new record. Gonna give it run thru the RCM and hope that gets rid of of some of the noise, but over all it’s a great album. So glad I just randomly happened to find out about the pre-sale, I’d have been super bummed to have missed this one.

Got my copy in today and gave it a listen right away. I hadn’t listened to the album yet and I have to say that this is probably my favorite release from them. It sounds so good and I love the little touches like the chimes and tambourine on certain songs. 

Surface noise and pops were abundant though, but nothing that would at all hinder future spins. Thankfully my copy arrived pretty pristine, with no bends or scuffs to speak of. I really hope that somehow this gets more pressings because it’s a killer record and needs to be sold in local record stores. 

great great album, I love it :)

10 hours ago, jon720 said:

Just got my numbered one with the cover fucking mangled and the mailer bent almost in half.

Edit: said they may have more next week.  Fingers crossed.

What did they mean with "may have more next week"? New patch of copies? Just a few replacement copies?

I'm flippin out if I haven't some positive news soon 😂

Mine showed up yesterday. Everyone seems to be getting them this week, so just hold out for another few days!

Ended up being #17/250. Jacket is fine other than a really small seam split on the top (due to the LP not being shipped outside the jacket.) The LP is a bit rough in spots on the outer edge of the wax, it was just cut that way. Center hole is also a bit messy, but these are just nitpicks. Typical signs of a self-released record where they probably used a cheaper pressing plant.

As for the sound, I'll be spinning it immediately after work tonight, so I'll report back on that. 

On 11/12/2019 at 6:43 PM, Sunshine said:

Yes, that's how surface noise works. Specific bands. You say the dumbest shit lol :lol:

were you dropped on your head?

its a fact their back catalog has surface noise issues. 

good to know you’re still upset though, I’ll keep up the quality content just for you, mr. triple digits 

8 minutes ago, ethereal said:

were you dropped on your head?

its a fact their back catalog has surface noise issues. 

good to know you’re still upset though, I’ll keep up the quality content just for you, mr. triple digits 

And you still don't understand how it works lmao thanks for reiterating 

12 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

And you still don't understand how it works lmao thanks for reiterating 

Just wanted to hop in and say you’re a fuckin loser

and that my copy should be here soon cause I don’t like to go off topic.

but you’re still a fuckin loser. A dumb one.