PO Now: Whirr - Feels Like You (out on oct 31)

14 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Also, I'd like to add that this was shipped in a normal record mailer (non-whiplash) with no cardboard backing or bubblewrap protecting the record. So don't be surprised if you get any dings, creases or bends.

Got mine yesterday and it was packaged the same way.  Somehow showed up in great shape still.  I  can't remember if I requested it, but my LP was shipped outside the sleeve too.  Mine has a bit of surface noise on the A side at the start of a track, but overall pretty clean sounding.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Ah, rarelimiteds.  The most reliable shitbird on eBay.  I’d expect nothing less.

Gotta love eBay and their deceptive language: “More than 49% sold.” after the guy sells one of his two copies.

They’re going like hot cakes, Buy It Now soon!

25 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

Gotta love eBay and their deceptive language: “More than 49% sold.” after the guy sells one of his two copies.

They’re going like hot cakes, Buy It Now soon!

Please don't make any mention of this selling for that much please. It gives some of our more sensitive members an attitude.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

I thought it was fairly aligned with where they left off.  Anyone expecting the punk drums and energy from Distressor days should’ve known better.

Nah. I liked Sway and the Nothing split a lot more. The new one just isn't doing it for me. It's power chord shoegaze. 

3 hours ago, dreamover said:

Nah. I liked Sway and the Nothing split a lot more. The new one just isn't doing it for me. It's power chord shoegaze. 

I am with you at this point. If this wasn't whirr, nobody would care about this release.  I also thought the record also sounded very muffled.

Going to give it a few more listens though

Just now, burnthealbum said:

Isn't power chord shoegaze a redundant statement. I don't listen to it a lot, really just Whirr and Diiv, but that is what the majority of shoegaze bands sound like to me. 

You'd be hard pressed to have shoegaze without power chords, yeah.  It'd be like complaining that hip-hop is too wordy.

I will say that Diiv – especially their first couple of albums – have way more than just chords and "walls of guitar" going on.  Really good stuff.

If you're personally looking for more fuzzed-out "newgaze" in the vein of Whirr, Nothing's

Guilty of Everything and Newmoon's Space are both worth your time to explore.  Both albums have a nice little cult following here on the boards.  There's a ton to branch off of from there, but those are really solid starting points if you're interested.