PO Now: Whirr - Feels Like You (out on oct 31)

I also gave both records a wet clean before listening. Feels like you is visibly warped, but sounds fine. Pops and cracks on the piano opener, but not as bad throughout. Still doesn’t sound quite as good as the original pressing, but it’s no doozie either.

Distressor looks and sounds fine. Jackets on both were in great shape.

Edited by derek123

Man, I hope they don't get a lot of returns of refunds. Hate to hear about people's copies. One of mine has pops here and there, but glad to just have a copy. Can't tell if the purple or this one had more noise, but I wish I found one copy of the purple that sounded decent bc I love the way it looks.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my bundle yesterday and i must sadly admit, that both vinyl are complete disaster. Fells like you has cracks and pops all over both sides and the sound is generally blehhhh, I had a feeling, that it sounded better when I was listening to it from mp3s...record is also warped, although these does not affect playback. Distressor is even worse, it is so warped and off-centered, that I have never ever before seen a needle dance like this during playback,,,,sound is so distorted that its almost unlistebable.... of course the covers were also damaged in shipping, but considering the terrible packing job on this, it is almost a miracle, that it flew all the way from US to Poland and only one corner of each records was hit (although pretty bad, unfortunately).

Fells like you was on the top of my "to get" vinyl since I missed it a year ago, and I was so psyched when it was repressed and I didn't hesitate for a second when the bundle was released as I didnt have distressor as well, but I'm seriously considering returning it....It cost me 100$ including shipping and I'm pretty sure I will never spin it again....this is a complete disappointment and a terrible job from the person responsible for this release, in almost every aspect, the vinyl and the sound quality, the covers (did I mention, that they are not glued properly and are falling apart in some places?) and the packing. ehhhhhh.....

Yeah this just sounds like a bad QC job at the plant, and then exacerbated by ok packaging and shipping.

I might have just lucked out, but everything about mine is great. Sleeves are in perfect condition, records are good. I only used a dust brush to clean it and away we went. It sounds fine, no pops, no warps.

I started putting live sound clips on all my IG posts, it'll sound hollow because it's single channel (i.e. left speaker) but it gives people an idea of what a band sounds like, whether there are pops on the record, etc.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKZjjz4MIFa/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by MCDELTAT

I finally spun my copies. They arrived without damage, and the records were flat and clean. I gave them a once-over with a brush before playing and didn't have any noise or pops. 

Feels Like You sounded good (not stellar, but no complaints). I really wanted that one, so I'm happy it plays nicely. Distressor on the other hand, meh... No major problems like some of those described in the thread, but it just sounds blown out and mastered/pressed shitty. Not the worst sounding record, but the digital sounds better.

Mine arrived unscathed. Distressor just sounds wrong. No crackles or pops, but just muddy as fuck.

Feels like has a pretty big warp, looks like a rollercoaster. Doesn't affect playback too much. Sound not great either. 

I am just glad I didn't get charged import fees (yet anyway). That would add insult to injury.

• 3 weeks later...

From Whirr’s FB:

Feels like you is now available to stream on Spotify, Apple Music and Amazon Music.

Also, we’re getting low on these Distressor anniversary records. The Feels Like You redux and Feels Like Distressor bundles are sold out. Thanks to anyone who purchased a copy.

Lastly, we went through our basement and are posting for sale - through the website, super limited amounts of some of our prior records. All original, unplayed pressings of : Sway, Around and the Pipe Dreams Redux. These were copies we had for selling on tour, that we’ve still got leftover here. They were still boxed and in the original factory cardboard mailers until we opened them to do a count. I believe all of these are currently out of print and have been for a few years. 

Once again thanks to anyone who has shown us support over the years. Whether it was buying a record or merch, listening to us in any form or sending us kind words.  

🌀

https://www.freewhirlrecords.com

17 hours ago, dapeebs said:

Knew I should have checked this earlier. Would have loved to grabbed Around.  Was tempted to grab Pipe Dreams but from what I have seen that version's sound quality is not the best. 

I have an extra copy of Around. If you want one, message me and I’ll see what copies I have at home. Pretty sure I have one of each variant. 

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
19 minutes ago, crossedoutname said:

Was looking on discogs and saw there is version of “feels like you” on white with black labels /900.  Was there another press of this?  Cause I thought they all had white labels.

I don't have them in front of me...but there was the original run on clear vinyl /650 and then the "redux" version later done on white vinyl /900. 

As far as I know...that "redux" had white labels. Are here photos in that Discogs listing?

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

I don't have them in front of me...but there was the original run on clear vinyl /650 and then the "redux" version later done on white vinyl /900. 

As far as I know...that "redux" had white labels. Are here photos in that Discogs listing?

Yupp

https://www.discogs.com/release/17055132-Whirr-Feels-Like-You

1 hour ago, MCDELTAT said:

Interesting. Looked at mine, has the white labels on the redux, so definitely two pressings. Did they really make 1,800 of the Redux though?

Lol no. Look at the Have/Want section. The black labels on white vinyl is some sort of tiny mistake or something.

I don't have access to my records at the moment...did the original pressing on clear come w/ white or black labels?

I ask...b/c that Redux photo on discogs looks like the vinyl is the clear and not white. Or maybe I need to update my lens prescription.