PO Now: Whirr - Feels Like You (out on oct 31)

9 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I don't have access to my records at the moment...did the original pressing on clear come w/ white or black labels?

I ask...b/c that Redux photo on discogs looks like the vinyl is the clear and not white. Or maybe I need to update my lens prescription. 

My white copy has black labels. They're the same labels from the first pressing which is why I think its just a small mistake.

On 11/10/2019 at 4:47 AM, Just Us said:

Seriously, I'm willing to pay the double of the initial price if someone thinks about selling.

On 11/10/2019 at 11:58 AM, Shlebs said:

You won't get a deal that good lol. I said earlier in the thread this would instantly cost triple digits when it sold out and I think I may be right. The first copy that shows up on Ebay will set the bar though so I'd wait a week or two for that.

On 11/10/2019 at 1:23 PM, ethereal said:

If the handpoured versions of past releases never reached those amounts, neither will this.

people can ask however much they want but this shit ain’t selling for “triple digits” despite your gatekeeping 

On 11/10/2019 at 1:45 PM, januarytwenty said:

This. I imagine prices will eventually drop within a couple of months. People will just have to be willing to wait it out. 

On 11/10/2019 at 3:15 PM, zdkaiser said:

They'll press more. They always do.

Never forget. RIP @ethereal

(Repress is also triple digits now 😂)

• 1 year later...
20 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

When was it locked?  Also, notices this and how?  Do people set page monitors for all their favorite bands or something?

Locked today at some point: went to their page after going on their fb yesterday to see if their store was open, left it open on my browser and now it’s locked. Weird coincidence honestly. Saw a picture of them playing live before it locking. 

56 minutes ago, Royce said:

Locked today at some point: went to their page after going on their fb yesterday to see if their store was open, left it open on my browser and now it’s locked. Weird coincidence honestly. Saw a picture of them playing live before it locking. 

You referring to this photo? https://web.archive.org/web/20230120215531/https://www.freewhirlrecords.com/

Looks like their page has been the same for a while, that snapshot was from Jan 20th. That's the default shopify lock page, so I'm in for any represses or new music. Around would be having a 10 year right now.

9 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

You referring to this photo? https://web.archive.org/web/20230120215531/https://www.freewhirlrecords.com/

Looks like their page has been the same for a while, that snapshot was from Jan 20th. That's the default shopify lock page, so I'm in for any represses or new music. Around would be having a 10 year right now.

Yeah it was that photo. Last I saw the page it was a the trailer/video for Feels like you so I assumed they just changed it. Still maybe something new is coming. 

3 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Grabbed it. First 200 orders get a whirl 7” adaptor. I was #921066, so hopefully that means they started at #921000 and I was 66

I cart counted after I ordered at 1:08pm EST and there was 1822 left. If you ordered before me you got one and there's a slim chance you got one if you ordered in the next minute or two.

57 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Well… we shall see. I ordered it as soon as I got the email at 10:03 PST.

There’s still 1,400 copies left, so might be the first Whirr release in a while that sticks around.

Yeah, I'm passing on this one. I dig Whirr, but im not a big live album guy, not am I big on 7" either.