PO Now: Whirr - Feels Like You (out on oct 31)

I more than likely was not in the first 200, I ordered a little under a half hour after it went up when I got the email at work. I also thought I was buying the tshirt bundle $45 now seems a little steep. Oh well Muta is awesome, listened to the link they sent over in emails. Now if only I could find an affordable copy of Around or the June 7" so I can finish my collection. I guess I need pipe dreams redux but IIRC I preferred the mix on the Tee Pee pressing and got rid of the Redux but my gear has changed so my opinion might as well.

40 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

I more than likely was not in the first 200, I ordered a little under a half hour after it went up when I got the email at work. I also thought I was buying the tshirt bundle $45 now seems a little steep. Oh well Muta is awesome, listened to the link they sent over in emails. Now if only I could find an affordable copy of Around or the June 7" so I can finish my collection. I guess I need pipe dreams redux but IIRC I preferred the mix on the Tee Pee pressing and got rid of the Redux but my gear has changed so my opinion might as well.

I'm the opposite, I thought the album was incredibly mid pre-remix and sold my TeePee copy.

1 minute ago, Shelby said:

I'm the opposite, I thought the album was incredibly mid pre-remix and sold my TeePee copy.

If I could piss away another $30 I'd order one off discogs and compare. My comparison was done on sub optimal speakers, had some garbage technics speakers from the 80s at the time, I think the Dynaudios would probably give me a more accurate opinion now. 

2 hours ago, jhulud said:

Has anyone tried to reach out to ask to confirm if they were within the first 200 orders?

Canceling the order of some internet vinyl nerd who emails to ask if they got the bonus item feels like something the band infamous for “weeding out the pussies” would do. I’ll just wait and find out when the package arrives (also I’m definitely not getting it).

22 hours ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

Bros muta is so good, I fully hope we see a return for the group and possible tour dates because I need to witness a lot of those FLY songs live, especially Rose Cold

As long as they don't go crazy with the fog machine again lol. I saw them on the final tour and it was brutal between that and the volume, easily the loudest show I've ever seen I'd probably have tinnitus now had I not worn plugs. I still have the setlist stuffed in my Nothing split record, they were touring behind it and grabbed it as a memento 

3 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

As long as they don't go crazy with the fog machine again lol. I saw them on the final tour and it was brutal between that and the volume, easily the loudest show I've ever seen I'd probably have tinnitus now had I not worn plugs. I still have the setlist stuffed in my Nothing split record, they were touring behind it and grabbed it as a memento 

Sounds sick to be honest. Saw a similar styled Nothing show in a tiny room a handful of years back, shit rocked. Wanna see Whirr real bad. Come back Whirr.

11 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

I didn’t mind the fog too much lol, I thought it was a cool touch. As for the volume, I’d heard of their notoriety and was just fine afterwards ( I always wear ear protection) 

the thing I regret the most was not buying a shirt from the merch table

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not necessarily upset I spent $55 on this.

I’m a bit perturbed that I spent $55 on this and homeboy still continues to pack records as if he’s a 13 year old incel that’s never bought a record, but just put out his SoundCloud rap/glitch/breakbeat digital hardcore record on vinyl, looked up how to ship from his internet bud on YouTube and bought a bunch of mailers from ULine.

1 minute ago, MyEnemy said:

Not necessarily upset I spent $55 on this.

I’m a bit perturbed that I spent $55 on this and homeboy still continues to pack records as if he’s a 13 year old incel that’s never bought a record, but just put out his SoundCloud rap/glitch/breakbeat digital hardcore record on vinyl, looked up how to ship from his internet bud on YouTube and bought a bunch of mailers from ULine.

That sucks, and I'm not laughing AT you because getting poorly shipped records sucks.

But you gave me a real chuckle with your description.

21 hours ago, Shelby said:

I didn't get mad at Nothing for that last... thing. This is like a bargain by comparison lmao 

Yeah, it's hard to be really mad about it...but I still haven't opening my Nothing record and it makes me feel dumb when I see it on the shelf.