PO NOW: Kanye West - Jesus Is King (10/25)

Tommy

8 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Dunno about the conversion camps (wouldn't surprise me), but yes, they donate to anti-LGBTQ+ "charities".

Donated to, not currently.  In 2012 they stopped donating to those conversation camps and anti- organizations.  

They do still donate to some Christian organizations like the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, that do have beliefs against homosexuality but they are not an organization that actively opposing in it.

On 10/30/2019 at 12:16 PM, Stress On The Sky said:

If Kanye's found jesus does that mean all the people who were saying he was suffering from mental illness happy or sad? 

Just stirring the pot...

Not sure what you are asking. 

if instead of mean you meant make - then I’d say happy. He seems to be happy with finding Jesus so I’m happy for him. 

and he is definitely still suffering from mental illness. Those type of issues are often managed but always present. 

Edited by Tidal Wave

Kind of eating my words on this album. If you can get passed the cringe lyrics this album is actually pretty good. It's short but every time a song comes on my Spotify, I find myself enjoying it a lot more than I expected.

Edited by justin_cole12

57 minutes ago, justin_cole12 said:

Kind of eating my words on this album. If you can get passed the cringe lyrics this album is actually pretty good. It's short but every time a song comes on my Spotify, I find myself enjoying it a lot more than I expected.

Take out Selah and Closed on Sunday and its a perfect album. Water is a jam

Selah is one of the few legitimately great tracks on the album imo (maybe besides Water)

Every other one even if I enjoy them I can't help but think how much better they could be if he fleshed them out or wrote better lyrics.

Use This Gospel is the best track but it could be so much better. It falls short of a classic like... say Runaway for example.

Pretty disappointing record overall. 

4 minutes ago, whosnotwo said:

Just did and it sucks.  what's your point?  Full disclosure, i have never liked anything he has done, but like this much less than all the rest. 

Did you really just skip to a Kenny G solo in a track highlighted as a game changing moment on the record and assume it was anything other than a joke?