PO Now: Tame Impala - The Slow Rush

2 minutes ago, spoon said:

Anyone else bothered by the fact that the header on the web exclusive page says “splatter”, while the description references a “central yellow splodge” (which to me sounds like a blob) and yet the pic appears to be more of a swirl/colour in colour? 

Time to step away from the hobby, spoon.

2 hours ago, spoon said:

Anyone else bothered by the fact that the header on the web exclusive page says “splatter”, while the description references a “central yellow splodge” (which to me sounds like a blob) and yet the pic appears to be more of a swirl/colour in colour? 

I was /  am

Currents will likely go down as the last great Kevin Parker record....These new singles are repetitive, boring and, frankly, uninspired. But if you've kept up with his journey even a little, you know why. Writer's block that comes with success. He's pretty much forced the material....GODS, take me back to the first time I heard Apocalypse Dreams. Wow. We won't be getting that caliber of writing anytime soon.

On 10/29/2019 at 10:59 AM, patreeeek said:

urban outfitters limited to 2000

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/tame-impala-the-slow-rush-limited-lp?category=vinyl-records-cassettes&color=095&type=REGULAR

looks like the same as the webstore except for no light blue record

Looks like UO updated the picture to now be the same mockup as the webstore...

• 3 months later...

This leaked over the weekend. Leak is poor at 128kbps but I listened anyways to see if this resembled anything like the band I once liked. 

It does not. 80s synth all over this designed to be played at a dance club. The singles were a real snooze but this topped that.  This is 100% pop music

3 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

This leaked over the weekend. Leak is poor at 128kbps but I listened anyways to see if this resembled anything like the band I once liked. 

It does not. 80s synth all over this designed to be played at a dance club. The singles were a real snooze but this topped that.  This is 100% pop music

That is sad to hear, but I felt like this was a long time coming. Five years ago Kevin seemed to be on top of the world, but he seemed to have lost that creative drive and the deep urge to write music. I don't think I liked one of the singles thusfar.

Ok here’s my full take on this

It’s a 5/10 that could have been an 8/10 easily with some proper editing and sequencing. Some trash songs in there that did nothing for the album.

Here is the 8/10 Tame album that should have been:

1 One More Year
2 Posthumous (last 2 min only)
3 Breathe Deeper
4 Tomorrows Dust
5 On Track
6 Lost in Yesterday
7 It Might Be Time
8 One More Hour

8 songs 40minutes

57 minutes of Tame Impala on this album in particular, is too much Tame Impala

6 minutes ago, Jim Steele said:

Hardly. Glad I didn’t preorder it. The singles didn’t do anything for me, and the rest of the album doesn’t fare any better. Not entirely sure where all the positive reviews come from either.

I've never been a big fan but there's always been 1-2 songs per album that I could dig. I listened to this and each song had me praying they would end by the halfway mark. Breathe Deeply or whatever was the only decent track. The fact that it's getting any critical acclaim is a testament to the lack of quality and integrity in music journalism in 2020. 

And as a fan I would be insulted by this album. So many stockholm syndrome'd Tame Impalagists smh.