PO(?) Beloved - Failure On repress

Funny how labels are now re-releasing some records they were leaving to other specialty labels to release back in the day, I have an aqua/marble from Broken Circle Records from 2009. What an album. Interested to see what's coming though, but I dont expect much besides another supposed cash grabber. 
Would be so nice if they were printing the  original artwork with a transparent foil from the CD release.

Edited by li0nel

29 minutes ago, li0nel said:

Funny how labels are now re-releasing some records they were leaving to other specialty labels to release back in the day, I have an aqua/marble from Broken Circle Records from 2009. What an album. Interested to see what's coming though, but I dont expect much besides another supposed cash grabber. 
Would be so nice if they were printing the  original artwork with a transparent foil from the CD release.

The funny part is that they’re just trying to cash in on the market. Solid state (and their parent company Tooth & Nail) are rereleasing some of their older catalogue on vinyl, but it isn’t going so hot for them. Most of the pressings are being sourced from CD which has led to mixed results (a good chunk of them being pretty bad), and most of them sit in their store for months, even years because they waited too long to press them and the demand for said band/album is gone. It’s a shame. 

44 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

is your guess based on it saying limited to 500 on each of those links?

5 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

Setting aside that their quality isn't all that great, it's dumb to me that T&N continues to circle back to these titles that already exist on vinyl instead of one of their many other albums that have never been pressed. Press I Am Hollywood you cowards

The first The Chariot album is coming.

3 hours ago, AlexH. said:

Setting aside that their quality isn't all that great, it's dumb to me that T&N continues to circle back to these titles that already exist on vinyl instead of one of their many other albums that have never been pressed. Press I Am Hollywood you cowards

I was hoping that "Remember November" thing they did a few years back would've become annual. Although I'm glad to be able to pick some of these represses instead of dropping triple digits on the originals.

3 hours ago, daegor said:

The first The Chariot album is coming.

WHAT?!?!??!!!?

Edited by No This Is Patrick

3 minutes ago, daegor said:

Yeah someone is selling copies on eBay.  Someone else was selling copies of the ST59 Gold repress.  Somewhere between the pressing plant and T&N someone is lifting copies.

Oh snap. Price tag is ridiculous... but at least he's offering free shipping... 

3 hours ago, Dmh3135 said:

Has anyone received their copy yet to comment on quality? Can you tell if it was pressed from CD/MP3 or am I better off trying to find an original?

I can't comment directly on the sound of this particular release, but I do have a bit of info going forward. 

Tooth and Nail (Solid State)  has begun to turn their vinyl production over to a new individual. There are a few things that were already mostly done before the switch (this, the first Chariot, SF59 Gold) so I would expect them to be mostly like what they have been putting out. 

BUT, by the end of the year there will be a number of reissues that will be done via the new process. There is  some stuff that people have been asking for for a while, as well as a couple titles I personally never thought would happen, being pressed for the first time. What does that mean?

- Expect MUCH improved vinyl mastering. ( I have heard the test pressing for one of these releases and it was stunningly clear)

-Less bare bones packaging, reimagined art, more unique detail on any particular release

-Less plain solid colors, more inventiveness in the vinyl colorways

-I would also expect a little better marketing. Most of their stuff has just been dropped haphazardly when it comes in. I think they will hype a few things a bit more.

-A lot more involvement from the bands; Forewards, special input on artwork etc. 

-Pricing may vary more on the new stuff a little more than it has. T&N is NOT making much on vinyl as they have to license virtually every catalog title. When they sell stuff @$10 I would bet that is breaking even or maybe even below cost.  Depending on the inventiveness of the packaging, I would expect a few titles to cost more than $20. The only difference this time is the price should be worth it.

Edited by ac3ebemo

23 minutes ago, ac3ebemo said:

I can't comment directly on the sound of this particular release, but I do have a bit of info going forward. 

Tooth and Nail (Solid State)  has begun to turn their vinyl production over to a new individual. There are a few things that were already mostly done before the switch (this, the first Chariot, SF59 Gold) so I would expect them to be mostly like what they have been putting out. 

BUT, by the end of the year there will be a number of reissues that will be done via the new process. There is  some stuff that people have been asking for for a while, as well as a couple titles I personally never thought would happen, being pressed for the first time. What does that mean?

- Expect MUCH improved vinyl mastering. ( I have heard the test pressing for one of these releases and it was stunningly clear)

-Less bare bones packaging, reimagined art, more unique detail on any particular release

-Less plain solid colors, more inventiveness in the vinyl colorways

-I would also expect a little better marketing. Most of their stuff has just been dropped haphazardly when it comes in. I think they will hype a few things a bit more.

-A lot more involvement from the bands; Forewards, special input on artwork etc. 

-Pricing may vary more on the new stuff a little more than it has. T&N is NOT making much on vinyl as they have to license virtually every catalog title. When they sell stuff @$10 I would bet that is breaking even or maybe even below cost.  Depending on the inventiveness of the packaging, I would expect a few titles to cost more than $20. The only difference this time is the price should be worth it.

This is VERY good news.