Rage Against The Machine 2020 Reunion Shows

kylet

13 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

You’re not going.

Haha yah probably. Just wishful thinking. If I don’t have to pay for my girlfriend (since my buddies are probably gonna go I won’t have to drag her), I’ll up it to $150ish. $200 would be hard to pull the trigger. I’ve never paid over $100 for a ticket so it’s gonna be hard, even if it’s Rage. 

Just now, ZeroNowhere said:

I’m at $200 all in because I know my wife will want to stay home with our son.  I hate paying arena show prices, but here we are.  Plus I’ve never seen them or RTJ.

Yah, the fact I've never seen them is pushing me to the 'maaaaaaybe I'll pay $200 all said and done' if I only have to buy my own ticket. But $125-150 would be easier to swallow. But if it's $200 I doubt I'll pass on that experience because of a $50 difference. Haha. I'll just tell myself 'at least it'll be cheaper than a PJ show?' haha. 

On 2/9/2020 at 6:18 PM, kylet said:

Got single day tickets for Boston Calling. Pretty excited!

Ditto. Grabbed two "Tier 1" single day tickets. $170 each with fees. (Ugh.) "Tier 2" are now $195 total.

A few things to note, there are no presales for any of these shows. That means that these big city arenas will sell out in likely 30 minutes, mostly going to scalping bots (Ticketmaster's own bots no less). The floor seats will be difficult to get. My advice here...

1) Create a Ticketbastard account beforehand. Enter all your personal info including form of payment. Faster checkout = confirmed tickets.

2) Log in at least 30 minutes before the show you want to buy. Do not use multiple tabs or browsers. You will not gain an extra place in the virtual line. In fact, TM might boot you for too many attempts.

3) Know the max ticket limit for your show date. Buy only that amount (or less). If you have trouble getting 4 floor tickets, try 2 tickets first, secure them, check out, confirm transaction, then try again for 2 more.

Also note some tickets not be released until 10 days before depending on certain venues, this inlcludes mobile, print-at-home and (I'm guessing) official printed tickets.

"Since the announcement of our tour, scalpers and broker sites have been listing fake tickets for RATM. We want to do everything we can to protect our fans from predatory scalping and, at the same time, raise a substantial amount of money for charities and activist organizations we support in each city. At many concerts, up to 50% of the seating is scooped up by scalpers and then resold to fans at much higher fees. We are doing everything we can to protect 90% of the RATM tickets from scalpers, and then WE are holding in reserve 10% of the seating (random seats throughout each venue) to sell at a higher ticket price (but low enough to undercut the scalpers). We will donate 100% OF THE MONEY over the fees and base ticket price to charities and activist organizations IN EACH CITY. We are confident this will help many more fans get tickets at face value and put a big dent in the aftermarket gouging. WE HATE SCALPING AS MUCH AS YOU DO and will continue to try to find ways to combat it. Additionally, we are donating all profits from our first three shows to immigrants' rights organizations and will be supporting multiple charities and activist organizations throughout the tour."

Given that, I'm a little more hopeful, and I'll pay a little more for my ticket too. 

It’s been discussed time and time again, especially in this thread, but I still can’t believe how absurd ticket prices have been and how much they’re going to be. The whole industry needs to be rebuilt. 

For fucks sake, two Deftones tickets are just about two hundred dollars after Ticketmaster’s “fees”. Blows my mind. Then you look at this RATM situation and it’s even crazier. 

• 1 month later...

Jumped on Boston Calling the minute single day tickets went up. Never in a million years did I expect a full US tour (which got announced a week after I bought Boston Calling tickets), and then on top of that to see a Buffalo date.

Boston calling is canceled now and floor seats to the Buffalo show are ~$325 on stubhub. Fuck me.