Andy Stott - It Should Be Us (Double EP)

ghost

Andy Stott - It Should Be Us

Cover-46.jpg 4.jpg

New Andy Stott double EP is up for order on Boomkat's website. There are 500 copies on smoke vinyl and it's ready to ship:
https://boomkat.com/products/it-should-be-us

It's on the dancier side (almost just pure house) and less of a traditional experimental Stott release. But we apparently can look forward to his next album in 2020.

Edited by ghost

I listened to this today on Spotify and thought it was good.

Past few releases have had numerous vinyl colors that seem to appear just as the previous one sells out. He seems to like to beat the flippers with a wide variety of colors, all of which are “first” pressings haha

Currently listening to this and some of the tracks go super hard.  Definitely some bangers on this one, particularly Versi, Dismantle, and 'It should be us'.  There's a couple 'Too Many Voices'-esque tracks, which I don't care for as much, but overall super solid EP.  I am really looking forward to the new album.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, floyd_z said:

Looks like most of the second press /500 blacks are gone.  A few sites have a (bright ass) pink variant available......

942564.jpg

Anyone receive the Smokey variant yet?  It sounds like people on discogs are having trouble discerning the smokey from black

The smoke version I received is...smoky. More Grey with black smokiness. It’s a great mix that really compliments the art.  No way it would get mistaken for black. 

5 minutes ago, thetrackt said:

The smoke version I received is...smoky. More Grey with black smokiness. It’s a great mix that really compliments the art.  No way it would get mistaken for black. 

ok cool thanks.  I'm still waiting on my smokey from boomkat.

That pink seems really different from all the previous Stott variants

On 11/22/2019 at 5:07 PM, floyd_z said:

It sounds like people on discogs are having trouble discerning the smokey from black

To elaborate further, the dude on Discogs is asking how to differentiate the smoke variant from black copies because he (or she) is too chicken to pop the seal and inspect the records firsthand.  They're trying to determine the variant from the outside packaging – but like trackt said, it is unmistakably smokey.  Pretty easy for anyone to see if you're actually holding the record and not just framing the jacket.