PO Now: Caspian - On Circles (1/24/2020)

zaoza

1 minute ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Haha.  Yeah.  Honestly though I think its the 180g thing, because the A Thousand Arms and Dunk! pressings are now all 180g and they use colors and they all sound fantastic.  But the 180g with black combo...  it's the best you can get.  Sure, there are always good pressings with splatter and whatnot (ie: every Jesu and Isis splatter I own) but outside of someone with absolutely batshit crazy quality standards (ie: Aaron Turner) it seems safe to say that the odds are always in favor of the 180g black sounding better than a non-180g colored variant.  But who the hell knows haha.  Could be totally psychological.

It is. 180 doesn't mean anything it just feels solid to hold.

1 hour ago, mfzbjaan said:

This seems to be the EU/UK store with an exclusive variant.

https://caspian.tmstor.es/index.php?page=products&section=all

And they have black as well. Phil didn’t know what was going on for the EU pressings since BSM isn’t handling it. Guess we got our answer. 

So currently we have:

US via TC

Black 180g /150 - Preorder Exclusive 

Light Green / Blue /300 - Preorder Exclusive

Clear w. Green Splatter /?

Mystery #4 (Tour pressing most likely.)

Mystery #5 (US Indie variant probably.)

Mystery #6 (Standard black?)

UK/EU via Townsend Music

Black /?

White /? - Exclusive

Edited by Dave Grohl

7 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

And they have black as well. Phil didn’t know what was going on for the EU pressings since BSM isn’t handling it. Guess we got our answer. 

So currently we have:

US via TC

Black 180g /150 - Preorder Exclusive 

Light Green / Blue /300 - Preorder Exclusive

Clear w. Green Splatter /?

Mystery #4 (Tour pressing most likely.)

Mystery #5 (US Indie variant probably.)

Mystery #6 (Standard black?)

UK/EU via Townsend Music

Black /?

White /? - Exclusive

But these 2 EU variants are released by TC as well right? Townsend Music is only the exclusive store for UK/EU?

Could the white and black available there be 2 of the 6 TC’s variants?

I pre-ordered from Amazon last night.  Wonder what variant I'll get as there is no description, I'm assuming it's black.

Also, they're playing in Louisville in April and I'm really trying to go, it would be my first time seeing them.  Stoked for the new album!

https://www.amazon.com/Circles-Caspian/dp/B07ZW8WTMS/ref=sr_1_1?qid=1573823939&refinements=p_32%3ACaspian&s=music&sr=1-1

Another aside, anyone else not getting notifications for new topics posted?  After I pre-ordered, I was thinking to myself that there'd be no way somebody hadn't made a topic yet.

Edited by MicLima

2 hours ago, MicLima said:

Another aside, anyone else not getting notifications for new topics posted?  After I pre-ordered, I was thinking to myself that there'd be no way somebody hadn't made a topic yet.

I've been trying to get this issue fixed for like 2 months now. I'm not getting any emails at all from VC. Tried everything with my Gmail account and the settings with my VC account but no luck. No emails for new content or posts on threads I'm following.

8 minutes ago, justin_cole12 said:

I've been trying to get this issue fixed for like 2 months now. I'm not getting any emails at all from VC. Tried everything with my Gmail account and the settings with my VC account but no luck. No emails for new content or posts on threads I'm following.

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I don’t think I’ve used a single VC notification or e-mail subscription in the decade I’ve been on the boards.  I guess I just rely on the “star” and thread bumps.

3 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Those of us who live here don’t need any additional notifications...

Yeah, I'm rarely on the boards any more, so I rely on the emails to keep me apprised of info.  Looks like they stopped for me around 11/4.

3 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I thought there was some science behind the heavier weight helping to reduce sympathetic vibrations on the platter, thereby lowering the noise floor?  Also helps to prevent warping too I would imagine. 

Nope. It actually makes fixing a warp nearly impossible.

6 hours ago, fizio59 said:

But these 2 EU variants are released by TC as well right? Townsend Music is only the exclusive store for UK/EU?

Could the white and black available there be 2 of the 6 TC’s variants?

See, this is what we don’t know. Phil doesn’t know either. I’m not sure if these were pressed by some plant in the EU and then sold through TM like how BSM does it (plus their branding on the back and different barcode) or if TC shipped them over. I’ll try to get some clarification this weekend when I talk to the guys. 

But the initial conversation I had is that he [Phil] picked 6 variants out that day, and wasn’t sure how EU was working since it isn’t through BSM. I ordered white cause it’s exclusive and ordered the black as well to be safe (in case it isn’t a TC copy sent overseas). 

The white supposedly is a TM exclusive so it won’t be sold by TC, whether it was pressed by them or not. 

Edited by Dave Grohl

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I don’t think I’ve used a single VC notification or e-mail subscription in the decade I’ve been on the boards.  I guess I just rely on the “star” and thread bumps.

I check emails alot for work when I'm in the field so it's easier for me to read a quick email with a new comment than to get on chrome and see what's going on. It's helped me nab alot of releases I would have missed otherwise.

3 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

See, this is what we don’t know. Phil doesn’t know either. I’m not sure if these were pressed by some plant in the EU and then sold through TM like how BSM does it (plus their branding on the back and different barcode) or if TC shipped them over. I’ll try to get some clarification this weekend when I talk to the guys. 

But the initial conversation I had is that he [Phil] picked 6 variants out that day, and wasn’t sure how EU was working since it isn’t through BSM. I ordered white cause it’s exclusive and ordered the black as well to be safe (in case it isn’t a TC copy sent overseas). 

The white supposedly is a TM exclusive so it won’t be sold by TC, whether it was pressed by them or not. 

I contacted TC looking for a clarification and they said that, as known the white is EU exclusive, and as expected, there will be also an indie store variant and it will be (as it was for D&D) a Newbury Comics exclusive. They didn’t mention any other variant.

This makes a total of 6 variants which makes sense with what Phil said. 

So here’s the list of the variants we have so far:

-Black 180 gram /150

-Light blue/green half & half /300

-Clear w/ green splatter /?

-White (EU exclusive) /?

-Black (it’s not clear if EU exclusive or standard version) /?

-Newbury Comics /?

31 minutes ago, fizio59 said:

I contacted TC looking for a clarification and they said that, as known the white is EU exclusive, and as expected, there will be also an indie store variant and it will be (as it was for D&D) a Newbury Comics exclusive. They didn’t mention any other variant.

This makes a total of 6 variants which makes sense with what Phil said. 

So here’s the list of the variants we have so far:

-Black 180 gram /150

-Light blue/green half & half /300

-Clear w/ green splatter /?

-White (EU exclusive) /?

-Black (it’s not clear if EU exclusive or standard version) /?

-Newbury Comics /?

I hit up TM to get some clarification on the black copy. Thanks for hitting up TC. Narrowing this down slowly but surely. 

We all know there will be a tour copy. That might have just not been selected in that group of 6. We’ll see. 

25 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I hit up TM to get some clarification on the black copy. Thanks for hitting up TC. Narrowing this down slowly but surely. 

We all know there will be a tour copy. That might have just not been selected in that group of 6. We’ll see. 

Banquet records UK has the white and the black available to pre order as well and with the shipping for EU it ends to be a bit cheaper then on Townsend.

I’ve just made my order for the white and the black from Banquet.

Please let me know infos about the black variant.

Currently made it out to Boston and will be at the show tomorrow! Super pumped to see these guys for the 7th time. Also looking at the Richmond show and the Durham NC show as well. Richmond might be easier in a Friday then Durham on a Sunday. All the clips I’ve seen on Phil and Erins instagram store for the weekend looks incredible! Glad these guys are back

Pre Ordered the bundle and I’ll keep my eyes open for the two additional records as well as the tour press. 

Edited by jtoth000