PO Now: Caspian - On Circles (1/24/2020)

zaoza

1 minute ago, jrodan said:

FUCK BRENT EYESTONE AND FUCK DARK OPERATIVE. 

What’s the story with this?  It sounds juicy.

Probably going to cling to my current copies of everything and may double-dip on a few if the represses are somehow an improvement.  Doesn’t seem terribly likely but I’d love to be wrong.

dude is a full time coat rider. played in horrible bands while doing magic bullet. his whole life is funded by TWDY and homie acts like had anything to do with them being indie huge. not to mention he pressed zillions of shitty quality versions of their records. guy is also a cocky red pill dork who treats women like sperm receptacles. would never support him.

24 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Does this mean we’re gonna get 50x variants of Tetria and they’ll all be 140g and make my life a living hell to collect them all...

knowing the quality control at magic bullet, "Tetria" will definitely be how it appears on all 50 new variants. 

7 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

Magic Bullet Records: Proud Member of Record Store Bargain Bins Across the World

there was a period of time where i got copies of cave in - anchor 7" thrown in for free in almost every mailorder/ebay/discogs purchase i made. and that was one of his decent releases!

the fact that copies of fax arcana and forensics records have pushed us closer to severe climate change just makes me inconsolably sad.

Coke bottle green [of varying translucency, it appears] is the indie exclusive.  There’s also that clear with green splatter that was sold through TC.  I do wonder what the tour variant will look like.

I absolutely love the way this album opens.  Man.  It feels like it literally picks up where D&D left off, as if it’s been a continuous journey.  It wouldn’t feel out of place if there was a 30 second recap / montage that played right before the record starts; Previously, on Caspian;... and then drops us right into Wildblood.