PO Now: Caspian - On Circles (1/24/2020)

zaoza

On 2/3/2020 at 9:52 AM, wiscodeman said:

Do they vary their setlists much over the course of a tour? If that setlist is what they'll play in Chicago in June, I'll def go see that.

Sometimes, yeah.  They'll switch out a couple songs.  For instance, they've sometimes had Raven and Ghosts of the Garden City in an alternating sort of thing, or throwing in Malacoda as well.  

I just hope the Trinity makes it to April.  Fuck. 

16 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Sometimes, yeah.  They'll switch out a couple songs.  For instance, they've sometimes had Raven and Ghosts of the Garden City in an alternating sort of thing, or throwing in Malacoda as well.  

I just hope the Trinity makes it to April.  Fuck. 

I gotcha. Good to know.

And by the trinity, are you referring to the 3 songs in a row from You Are The Conductor? If so, that's the reason for my question haha. I want to see that!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2020 at 9:42 PM, alwaysopenmouth said:

Seeing Caspian and then Deafheaven the very next day, it'll be a very cool week. 

I love when great shows coincide on the same week. Back in 2009 I saw These Arms Are Snakes and Russian Circles the same week, with RC playing on Halloween night.

yeah this is what my gf and i are doing - Deafheaven Wednesday, then Caspian Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, mrewest said:

Figures Cleveland gets the worst opener.  SOM fuggin ruled at Post Fest.    May also make the trip to Columbus to see them.  And wouldn’t mind seeing Maserati.  Cloakroom seemingly has opened for Russian Circles or Nothing every time I’ve seen either & do nothing for me.

All of the openers are substantially better than what we got on the West coast.  I could not get into that Velvet Teen band at all.