PO Now: Caspian - On Circles (1/24/2020)

zaoza

17 hours ago, mrewest said:

Figures Cleveland gets the worst opener.  SOM fuggin ruled at Post Fest.    May also make the trip to Columbus to see them.  And wouldn’t mind seeing Maserati.  Cloakroom seemingly has opened for Russian Circles or Nothing every time I’ve seen either & do nothing for me.

I'm debating both shows too, but will be at Mahall's for sure.

18 hours ago, mrewest said:

I know lots of people dig Cloakroom & I feel like I SHOULD be into them but they don’t do it for me 🤷‍♂️

They were at Dunk..... 2 years ago, and i very much enjoyed their set.  Listened to them a bit after and wasn't totally thrilled on their recorded work, but they play very well live. 

9 hours ago, batman said:

Really liking this album overall, not sure where it stands in comparison to the rest of their discography though... Safe to say, it has the weakest closer to date. 

I’ve been very back & forth on the closer.  Instrumentally it’s fantastic.  But the vocals just don’t seem to sync up at times.  Especially in the beginning.  And the “Sha...dohhhh remains” at the end bothers me lol.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, fizio59 said:

@Dave Grohl that collection looks incredible man, congrats. 

There are two new pressings out there, “Hymn..” on grey available in the TC store and “D&D” on red available from the band and maybe online but I could’t find it. 

I have the red of Dust. He’s just in quarantine. Haha. Waiting for my buddy to send it to me. And I ordered Grey a while ago. Just waiting on that too. Appreciate you looking out. And good eye. 

I wanted to wait to get them in but who knows when that’ll be. So I used my day off to take the picture. I know there are more represses in the future so I’m gonna have to do it again. Haha. 

1 hour ago, Dave Grohl said:

I have the red of Dust. He’s just in quarantine. Haha. Waiting for my buddy to send it to me. And I ordered Grey a while ago. Just waiting on that too. Appreciate you looking out. And good eye. 

I wanted to wait to get them in but who knows when that’ll be. So I used my day off to take the picture. I know there are more represses in the future so I’m gonna have to do it again. Haha. 

Cool, you must own them all man! Heheh

Hopefully you’ll receive them soon. 

Dark Operative is going to repress YATC, TFT and Tertia right?

10 minutes ago, fizio59 said:

Cool, you must own them all man! Heheh

Hopefully you’ll receive them soon. 

Dark Operative is going to repress YATC, TFT and Tertia right?

At the moment, yah I have them all. Plus test presses, which I count as bonuses. The MS stuff was actually sold from time to time. The TC tests are many once if at all put up on ebay. I have Hymn, and my buddy has Dust. Haven't seen a Waking or Circles. 

I have a complete Lavinia collection too. Does that count? Haha. 

Yah, all the old MS stuff. I just hope they don't press a million like they do with TWDY. 

Edited by Dave Grohl

Reddit is a gold mine:

”A few questions: are these multiple copies of the same album, but in either different colored vinyl or different pressings? If so, are any of them limited pressings (ala Tertia)?  I am just wondering, given how hard and expensive I have found purchasing records to be nowadays...if this is something more common, it starts to make sense why things are getting harder and harder to acquire. I am not angry per-say, but it does make it more clear why prices are so high on the secondary market.”

Yes. My Caspian collection is the reason for the bubble. 

3 minutes ago, Sh100by said:

I cant imagine starting up a record collection these days. Hopefully this pandemic crashes the vinyl boom too.

Man, I was grabbing those copies of Phoebe for my lady, and it was rough. Honestly forgot how much they've gone up since I've cut back because of this exact reason. I'm right there with ya. It's hard paying $30 for an LP that would have been $20, or less, a few years ago. 

6 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Man, I was grabbing those copies of Phoebe for my lady, and it was rough. Honestly forgot how much they've gone up since I've cut back because of this exact reason. I'm right there with ya. It's hard paying $30 for an LP that would have been $20, or less, a few years ago. 

Check out this order from 2010 with no discounts

qMKUO7D_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jtoth000 said:

Dude that collection is amazing!! I think I’m like 20 records short on mine, I want to start buying them up but I have stop buying guitar pedals first.

I found that buying guitar pedals is even worse and more expensive than vinyl...I need to stop this as well 🥴

I think in the past 3 years, I bought ~200 pedals 🙈🙊

Edited by Sasan

On 4/11/2020 at 7:46 PM, Sh100by said:

I cant imagine starting up a record collection these days. Hopefully this pandemic crashes the vinyl boom too.

I've noticed that it has, actually.  Some years ago, I was offered $300 for my self-released copy of This Patch of Sky - S/T (turned it down because i am the stupid) and now it doesn't even move on Discogs for $50.  Same with Rosetta and Isis - records that used to be $100 are being listed at $30 and not moving. 

On 4/23/2020 at 3:01 AM, Sasan said:

I found that buying guitar pedals is even worse and more expensive than vinyl...I need to stop this as well 🥴

I think in the past 3 years, I bought ~200 pedals 🙈🙊

damn dude, i didn't know you played too!  I'm getting a DD-6 soon, as well as a Digitech Obscura so I can do some backwards stuff.  Jared from Appalaches uses the DD-6 for his smearing of the sound.... it's perfect in those songs like "Oja" and "Milsai"

17 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I've noticed that it has, actually.  Some years ago, I was offered $300 for my self-released copy of This Patch of Sky - S/T (turned it down because i am the stupid) and now it doesn't even move on Discogs for $50.  Same with Rosetta and Isis - records that used to be $100 are being listed at $30 and not moving. 

damn dude, i didn't know you played too!  I'm getting a DD-6 soon, as well as a Digitech Obscura so I can do some backwards stuff.  Jared from Appalaches uses the DD-6 for his smearing of the sound.... it's perfect in those songs like "Oja" and "Milsai"

I recommend the digitech polara reverb over the obscura delay for the reverse effect, sounds crazy but I've had both and sold the obscura because I didnt get enough use out of it, and I use a DD-6 for my delay, and the digitech polara almost strictly for reverse delay effects, but that's just my experience! 

9 minutes ago, CatsNJazz said:

I recommend the digitech polara reverb over the obscura delay for the reverse effect, sounds crazy but I've had both and sold the obscura because I didnt get enough use out of it, and I use a DD-6 for my delay, and the digitech polara almost strictly for reverse delay effects, but that's just my experience! 

Woah thanks for the tip.  Can it go Full Wet?  That's what I need it for, because I don't have space for a Boomerang (This is what Trey from Phish uses for his reverse delay shred, so i'm trying to get that sound)