PO Now: Caspian - On Circles (1/24/2020)

zaoza

2 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Woah thanks for the tip.  Can it go Full Wet?  That's what I need it for, because I don't have space for a Boomerang (This is what Trey from Phish uses for his reverse delay shred, so i'm trying to get that sound)

It's pretty versatile ,this video could probably tell you more than I can lol

16 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

damn dude, i didn't know you played too!  I'm getting a DD-6 soon, as well as a Digitech Obscura so I can do some backwards stuff.  Jared from Appalaches uses the DD-6 for his smearing of the sound.... it's perfect in those songs like "Oja" and "Milsai"

Yeah, for like 20 years now...had some sort of a 5-year break though...now it’s hard to find some time with two kids. 

Reg. delays/reverbs: I probably tested every single delay/reverb Pedal on the market 😂 at least that’s how it feels. 

favorite delays:

Empress Echosystem

Boss DD20

Pladask Elektrisk Tåken 

Strymon El Capistan

Walrus Audio ARP-87

Source Audio Nemesis

favorite reverbs:

Empress Reverb

Neunaber Immerse

ZCat Big Reverb TI

Chase Bliss Audio Dark World

Strymon Flint

Caroline Meteore

Delay/Reverb Combo:

KMA Cirrus

GFI Systems Specular Tempus 

EQD Dispatch Master 

Death by Audio Echo Dream

1 hour ago, Sasan said:

Yeah, for like 20 years now...had some sort of a 5-year break though...now it’s hard to find some time with two kids. 

Reg. delays/reverbs: I probably tested every single delay/reverb Pedal on the market 😂 at least that’s how it feels. 

favorite delays:

Empress Echosystem

Boss DD20

Pladask Elektrisk Tåken 

Strymon El Capistan

Walrus Audio ARP-87

Source Audio Nemesis

favorite reverbs:

Empress Reverb

Neunaber Immerse

ZCat Big Reverb TI

Chase Bliss Audio Dark World

Strymon Flint

Caroline Meteore

Delay/Reverb Combo:

KMA Cirrus

GFI Systems Specular Tempus 

EQD Dispatch Master 

Death by Audio Echo Dream

I feel like we’re in the same boat.  Finding kid-free time during noise making hours is next to impossible.

if you haven’t played a CBA MOOD yet, I recommend it.  Just as a delay it has the best sound I’ve experienced to date.  Plus all the fun stuff it does.

47 minutes ago, ethereal said:

I highly recommend the Walrus Slo for reverb. Nothing I’ve played comes close. 
currently stacking it with Caverns V2 and EQD Afterneath.

The EQD Avalanche Run has some really awesome reverb on it. The only reason I sold mine was there’s a weird jump in delay length right at the spot I use a lot.  Not sure why.  There’s still a chance I’d buy another, just for the reverb.

53 minutes ago, highfives said:

The EQD Avalanche Run has some really awesome reverb on it. The only reason I sold mine was there’s a weird jump in delay length right at the spot I use a lot.  Not sure why.  There’s still a chance I’d buy another, just for the reverb.

Heavily considering swapping my Caverns for the V2, also an awesome pedal.

4 hours ago, ethereal said:

I highly recommend the Walrus Slo for reverb. Nothing I’ve played comes close. 
currently stacking it with Caverns V2 and EQD Afterneath.

Not sure, played the Slö some time and only found the Dream Mode to be useable; the rest was too „normal“...

i like how this thread turned into a pedal thread 😂👍

On 4/25/2020 at 11:38 AM, highfives said:

On 4/25/2020 at 12:32 PM, ethereal said:

Heavily considering swapping my Caverns for the V2, also an awesome pedal.

I run a V2 on my board after my V1 had a bit of a power issue.  It's probably my most-used pedal.  I use it all the time in our jams - dotted 8th note Maserati/Floyd licks with reverb?  Yes.  All fucking day XD XD XD XD

4 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I run a V2 on my board after my V1 had a bit of a power issue.  It's probably my most-used pedal.  I use it all the time in our jams - dotted 8th note Maserati/Floyd licks with reverb?  Yes.  All fucking day XD XD XD XD

you're not helping my GAS! but..... dammit

Just now, ethereal said:

you're not helping my GAS! but..... dammit

haha i know man.  I'm getting the DD-6 too because Jared from Appalaches used that on everything he played with them....  that sound is all over "Cycles".  If you haven't done that album yet, you really need to.  One of the best post-rock albums of the last 10 years IMO. 

38 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Does yours jump in speed around the 11:00 mark of the Time knob?  Mine didn't have a smooth ramp through that area.  Otherwise I really dug it.

Edited by highfives
words

49 minutes ago, highfives said:

Does yours jump in speed around the 11:00 mark of the Time knob?  Mine didn't have a smooth ramp through that area.  Otherwise I really dug it.

I'm not sure, i'll have to check - i leave it always at about 10 o clock and just use the Tap Tempo for whatever song we're in

On 4/28/2020 at 3:37 AM, Sasan said:

Here's my old one (last year), too heavy to carry around...therefore I downsized; will take a picture of the new one in the next days.

_dsc0240jgjsk.jpg

god damn dude!

also, what are you using for cabling?  I like the looks of this, and I'm in the process of preparing to neaten up my board when I put a few new things on it (DD-6, Digitech Obscura).

11 hours ago, ethereal said:

No offense to Caspian but should we start a thread?  :)

There actually is one...dying somewhere between the "Shower Farts" and "Condoms"-threads...shall we revive the other thread?

13 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

god damn dude!

also, what are you using for cabling?  I like the looks of this, and I'm in the process of preparing to neaten up my board when I put a few new things on it (DD-6, Digitech Obscura).

These were Lava Mini ELC Cables & Plugs...a pain in the ass! Switched to 3Monkeys solderless cables which are expensive but damn, they are fine!

I'd rather solder cables myself, but solderless plugs are way smaller than the ones to be soldered.

On 5/7/2020 at 12:24 PM, Dave Grohl said:

If anyone hasn’t watched the Caspian doc, you really should. Today is your last day to do so. 

wait seriously?  They aren't leaving it up?  That's weird, and unfortunate. 

EDIT - it's still up.  You just get a week to rent it from whenever you start. 

Edited by Gumbo72203