PO Now: Caspian - On Circles (1/24/2020)

zaoza

• 6 months later...

Which records sound like shit? I’m merely curious as to if people consider every MB/DO record to sound bad or if it started at a certain point?

I have an older pressing of Young Mountain and the s/t TWDY (og press with the animal cover) and they didn’t sound too bad from what I remember. 

Edited by prowl20

20 minutes ago, Shelby American said:

These are up. Looks like they had a sale on yellow vinyl at the plant lol

https://caspiantheband.bigcartel.com/

Tertia sounds like garbage. Ugh. Really hoping these are new plates and sounds good. I asked on Twitter. 

Yah, not sure what’s up with all the yellow. Ordered all 7 variants. $25 for shipping... not happy about that. 

1 minute ago, NoWorthyIcons said:

I don't have any of these, but you guys haven't exactly given me confidence that I should pick any of them up haha I'm leaning toward just getting Tertia on rose; in the event these come out sounding as bad as everyone is thinking they might, I won't get burned as much.

There's a certain really dumb user who doesn't understand life doesn't work in absolutes, but make no mistake Tertia has NEVER sounded good and you're hardly gambling buying this new pressing. You literally can't do worse than what existed before this lol

8 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

Tertia sounds like garbage. Ugh. Really hoping these are new plates and sounds good. I asked on Twitter. 

Yah, not sure what’s up with all the yellow. Ordered all 7 variants. $25 for shipping... not happy about that. 

As soon as you get those it is top priority to let us know how they sound. I'd love a good copy of Tertia and don't want to miss out on the Rose pressing if it's an improvement. Skip work if it's in the way after they get delivered haha

Just now, Shelby American said:

As soon as you get those it is top priority to let us know how they sound. I'd love a good copy of Tertia and don't want to miss out on the Rose pressing if it's an improvement. Skip work if it's in the way after they get delivered haha

Yah I'll definitely be spinning those as soon as I get them in. At least this isn't a pre-order on top of the time we've been waiting. 

1 minute ago, JRHews said:

TBH too, if it does sound like shit, you can still get rid of it pretty easily. It's similar to the MYW situation. All the 1LP's that were garbage I got rid of right away at cost without any issues, so might as well try it out.

Regardless I'll be keeping them, keep the collection whole and all. But I'm really hoping they sound good, not only cause if they don't than what's the point, but so we'll have a listenable copy of Tertia finally. 

1 hour ago, Shelby American said:

You literally can't do worse than what existed before this lol

1 hour ago, JRHews said:

TBH too, if it does sound like shit, you can still get rid of it pretty easily. 

This is the motivation I needed to throw money at Caspian haha I might as well grab the bundle.