Coheed and Cambria countdown 11/19/19

20 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I can't imagine who of the C&C's fanbase is actually going to or can afford to go.

OH I have zero doubt this will sell and sell good . Tons of crazy fans with money to spend. Not I , though if I was at all rich I would do this for sure just to have the experience of seeing them and the other bands on a cruise . Would be interesting IMO . 

5 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Coheed came through San Diego in 2017 and I went before the show to pick something up and there were at least 200-300 people who paid for the before show meet and greet. That’s 4-6 Xs more than the most I’ve ever had to deal with for a M&G. Their fans a fuckin crazy and money is easy to obtain.

Please teach me your secret.

Not sure what that experience cost but this cruise starts at roughly $1700 it looks like and that without pre or post cruise hotel accomodations and other travel expenses and specialty restaurants and alcohol.

19 minutes ago, jhulud said:

How much is it going to be?

The cheapest possible looks like about $830, if you stay in an almost-literal closet with no windows, with 3 other people (with whom you have to book together).

EDIT: $788.50 if you pay in full. And of course more for nicer rooms or splitting with fewer people.

Edited by tape

What percent of attendees will show up dressed as their favorite Amory Wars character?  Trying to imagine a scheduled icebreaker event where the general turnout hugs the outside walls, staring awkwardly and breathing heavily from their mouths while fidgeting with pockets full of loose change and string cheese.

7 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

Weezer did a few. Kiss has been doing one for years and not even playing.  Megadeth had one. They also have cruises of 80s hair bands together.

Basically every artist who has an insufferable fanbase decides this is a great idea.

I couldn't imagine being anywhere near these

Now that I think about it, I’m pretty sure my cousin did a KISS one. 

The Coheed cruise touts a full immersive Coheed experience. Which means at least 2 fans are getting poisoned, and 1 is getting their brains bashed in with a hammer. Enjoy! Marvel, as the fan pissing contest takes place on the lower deck. Rejoice, the merch circle jerk is in the boiler room after dark. The mutiny after the elite fans decide the set list sucks should be live streamable via YouTube as well. Huzzah. Join them as the elitists bash all the other bands to cover up/project their various insecurities throughout the whole ship, every second of every day of the cruise! Cackle, as Captain Keywork attempts to sell you a membership to his "Coheed Club" of which, he's the only member.

I won a trip on the Warped Tour cruise. There weren’t many bands I wanted to see, but other then that it was decent. Lots of amazing people watching (which I’m sure will be even better on this). Downside was my wife and I took our 11 month old daughter with us which made things a little tough at times. But she loved seeing Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish snd Face To Face. With that said if I remember correctly we added it up and it was like $6-7k If we had to pay. While it was a good time, it wasn’t worth half of that. 

Edited by hookups96

1 hour ago, THE_James_Champ said:

The Coheed cruise touts a full immersive Coheed experience. Which means at least 2 fans are getting poisoned, and 1 is getting their brains bashed in with a hammer. Enjoy! Marvel, as the fan pissing contest takes place on the lower deck. Rejoice, the merch circle jerk is in the boiler room after dark. The mutiny after the elite fans decide the set list sucks should be live streamable via YouTube as well. Huzzah. Join them as the elitists bash all the other bands to cover up/project their various insecurities throughout the whole ship, every second of every day of the cruise! Cackle, as Captain Keywork attempts to sell you a membership to his "Coheed Club" of which, he's the only member.

So fuckin’ happy you posted this. 

Boat shows have been popular for quite some time now. They’ve got one specifically in the Boston harbor and one over in the nyc area. Saw the menzingers three years back in the middle of the summer. People were puking and it was packed. I had a good time but definitely not a fan of the yacking that occurred on the bottom floor. Also, they threatened to turn the boat around on multiple occasions.

5 minutes ago, gutterball1 said:

that site is a cluster, hard to navigate and find any info on there other than a cruise next year.  I didn't even know there was a show until I saw people saying it here.

You thought all the bands listed were just going on the cruise as well? Of course there is live music you goof.

I can't hate on stupid cruise shows. Weezer had one (or more I dunno) setting sail down here in South Florida with Dinosaur Jr supporting. So Dinosaur Jr. decided to do a one off show since they never played Miami before the cruise. Got to see them for 17 bucks without having to experience Weezer or be trapped with their fans. Than you Weezer cruise.