PO soon: Protest the Hero Represses (Nov 27th. 3pm EST)

dapeebs

Represses of Kezia, Fortress, and Scurrilous. Coming from SheetHappens, so expect to spend a pretty penny as they are all 2xLP and shipping from Canada. 

https://www.sheethappenspublishing.com/shop/vinyl

Edited by dapeebs

Does anyone else feel like SHP is scamming people with shipping? $13.50 media mail for 1 record and they claim it's because they have a carrier take it over the border to the US to ship it only through USPS. Yet they charge in USD so...? They're the only place to get the records (which I feel are also about $10 overpriced each based off the last press of Kezia) making it a tough buy. If my wife didn't want it for Christmas I definitely wouldn't have purchased these.

37 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

Does anyone else feel like SHP is scamming people with shipping? $13.50 media mail for 1 record and they claim it's because they have a carrier take it over the border to the US to ship it only through USPS. Yet they charge in USD so...? They're the only place to get the records (which I feel are also about $10 overpriced each based off the last press of Kezia) making it a tough buy. If my wife didn't want it for Christmas I definitely wouldn't have purchased these.

Unfortunately that sounds about right. Shipping from Canada to US is usually about $11-ish. Also $35 isn't great, but if I remember correctly that's been the price of all the 2xLP pressings of Kezia so far. If they're using the same plates as last time it should sound fantastic as well. 

5 hours ago, dapeebs said:

Unfortunately that sounds about right. Shipping from Canada to US is usually about $11-ish. Also $35 isn't great, but if I remember correctly that's been the price of all the 2xLP pressings of Kezia so far. If they're using the same plates as last time it should sound fantastic as well. 

I would agree with you, maybe, but it ignores the fact they charge that much per item, and dont offer reduced or combined rates for multiple items.
Honestly, seems like they are padding their pockets a little bit on the shipping and setting 'blanket' costs for all products when in reality individual order rates probably vary and fall below that threshold.

But, I of course still snagged a 45rpm copy of Kezia for myself, and some other tidbits as gifts.

17 minutes ago, V3XED said:

I would agree with you, maybe, but it ignores the fact they charge that much per item, and dont offer reduced or combined rates for multiple items.
Honestly, seems like they are padding their pockets a little bit on the shipping and setting 'blanket' costs for all products when in reality individual order rates probably vary and fall below that threshold.

But, I of course still snagged a 45rpm copy of Kezia for myself, and some other tidbits as gifts.

Oh, it's per item? Yeah that's bs. I was waiting on grabbing another album with Fortress but fuck that.