Oh, Sleeper Discography (When I Am God, Son of the Morning, Children of Fire)

rcafilm

All three albums available for the first time tomorrow at 10am PST per Solid State.

When I Am God — Half Blue / Half Clear Vinyl — 554 copies

Son of the Morning — Half Black / Half White — 586 copies

Children of Fire — Half Clear Orange / Half Opaque Orange — 556 copies

Each was "remastered for vinyl," includes a new liner note essay about the album, and was produced by Unoriginal Vinyl with the utmost attention to blah blah you know the drill.

Edited by rcafilm

7 minutes ago, SwiftCat said:

You think they'll do acb hell or high water?

At this rate it looks like they're planning to press just about everything they can. They're also releasing Stavesacre's "Speakeasy" tomorrow.

I've been wanting this OS trilogy for years, but this is pretty terrible timing for my wallet. Still not sure if I'm going to pull the trigger in the morning, and if so, on how many.

I was pretty excited when I first saw this,  now that I've thought about it and how different i was when I jammed to this, and was a hypocrite Christian heh 

Best thing about leaving the faith is I'm not a brainwashed  hypocrite anymore but to go to that specific time in my life is embarrassing so idk if I should buy it or not.

That's the problem with the wrong kind of nostalgia

As cities burn I love cause they question their faith and are very philisophical

Hell or high water better get repressed lol. That shit is real.

13 minutes ago, tlr said:

What are the odds all these new SS/T&N releases  will be on sale for Black Friday?

They have never done Black Friday sales in the past... usually only around Record Store Day in April and Halloween. But who knows. I would say it's highly unlikely though.

6 hours ago, No This Is Patrick said:

They have never done Black Friday sales in the past... usually only around Record Store Day in April and Halloween. But who knows. I would say it's highly unlikely though.

I just remember the last ACB - Come Now Sleep record they did those four colors and after a month or two they had a 50% off sale. And the latest Norma Jean record they did a sale on the preorder.

But for the record, I really want to buy all three.

47 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

These gotta sell a lot more if T&N/SS/whoever is licensing stuff is going to continue to be willing to front the money to do other releases. Stock check on these shows they've sold maybe 150 out of the 550 of each.  

Feel the same. Don’t understand how they see some of their old releases are still sitting in the store at $20, and price new ones at $25. Oh, Sleeper is not nearly as popular as they used to be, and you expect fans to spend $25 on an old release that for many is a nostalgia buy. It’s single LP, stop being greedy.

28 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

Feel the same. Don’t understand how they see some of their old releases are still sitting in the store at $20, and price new ones at $25. Oh, Sleeper is not nearly as popular as they used to be, and you expect fans to spend $25 on an old release that for many is a nostalgia buy. It’s single LP, stop being greedy.

They're being remastered for vinyl, and most of the other older releases were CD masters direct to vinyl. It's worth the extra $5 for good quality.  The challenge is pressing enough to keep the costs down, not lose money in the process and press the right amount that will sell...and some releases won't sell more than 250-400.

5 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

They're being remastered for vinyl, and most of the other older releases were CD masters direct to vinyl. It's worth the extra $5 for good quality.  The challenge is pressing enough to keep the costs down, not lose money in the process and press the right amount that will sell...and some releases won't sell more than 250-400.

I get that. If it's better quality, I can't be too upset. Just sad how expensive this hobby is becoming.

Edited by dapeebs

3 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

I get that. If it's better quality, I can't be too upset. Just sad how expensive this hobby is becoming.

I feel that.

i always have a random thought of how sad itd be if all the records we collect become worthless one day..mainly when I see a box of very old records for full corner dings and music people have never heard of for yard sale thrift store prices.

9 hours ago, SwiftCat said:

i always have a random thought of how sad itd be if all the records we collect become worthless one day

This will 100% happen and anyone buying records in 2019 should be prepared for the eventuality of their entire collection being thrown into a dumpster by whoever is tasked with cleaning out their house after they die.

15 hours ago, tlr said:

Looks like there will be a Black Friday sale after all, 30% select vinyl from the 29th to 1st.

Don't think they'll do any of the newly "licensed" stuff though. (Like mentioned above, they'll probably try/need to get as much as they can from these). If they do, I'm going to be pretty upset... I'm already a bit annoyed buying Beloved, Chariot, and HTD individually. Why didn't they just release all these at the same time and save me a bit on shipping?

Edited by No This Is Patrick